Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: east coast get together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
great day wrenching all morning caravaned to the car show to show off. left to right me, rmital, turboman808, leo imperial and i love porsche
i love porsche
i had tons of fun today!

and i feel so out of place with my water pumper...gotta get my car going...and i had a great (sort of) idea for the paint
turboman808
I'm not sure what is going on with my car. I was still having trouble starting it but the battery is fine. I tunred on all my lights and they are really bright. I'm gonna clean the connectors and see what that does. Doesn't make sense blink.gif

I took a few pictures I will post em tomorrow when I get a chance!

Overall it was a really fun day though.

I was really pushing her coming home tongiht. I was taking some of the bends on the Turnpike and 95 at speeds I best not admit to. Whats scary is I think I could have gone alot faster!!!
rmital
....great idea Aaron going to the Whiskey Cafe's car show. The short ride from the garage to the show was fun...hopefully more fun runs in the future.

It's great seeing the teeners on a semi-regular basis.

Lets really start pushing Aaron's progress.....he's needing a trans...right?
tod914
I'll try to make the next one. Nice turn out of cars there?
Evill Ed
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 1 2006, 11:16 PM) *

I'm not sure what is going on with my car. I was still having trouble starting it but the battery is fine. I tunred on all my lights and they are really bright. I'm gonna clean the connectors and see what that does. Doesn't make sense blink.gif

I took a few pictures I will post em tomorrow when I get a chance!

Overall it was a really fun day though.

I was really pushing her coming home tongiht. I was taking some of the bends on the Turnpike and 95 at speeds I best not admit to. Whats scary is I think I could have gone alot faster!!!

Sorry I missed you guys, I just got back from vacation today. Looks liek a good turnout. I really hope to meet you guys down there with my 911 before the summer is over.

Turboman, check all of your grounds. Make sure that the heavy strap to the trans is clean and tight. Same with the battery to chassis.
On my old turbo car, I found that a separate relay solved the problem once and for all.

Ed
i love porsche
yeah..i need a trans..and some more stuff
im gonna try and install my stiffening kit this week, then continue stripping the car to metal....ive decided ill try and paint the car myself..its gonna be ugly.but at least one color

one thing...i want to get the underside stripped and coated with something..but i would really need a lift..and im sure that we could use the shop lift one day but getting my car there is an issue cause i dont have a trailer or dolly...anyone in NJ have one?
drewvw

looks like fun guys....
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 3 2006, 01:16 PM) *

yeah..i need a trans..and some more stuff
im gonna try and install my stiffening kit this week, then continue stripping the car to metal....ive decided ill try and paint the car myself..its gonna be ugly.but at least one color

one thing...i want to get the underside stripped and coated with something..but i would really need a lift..and im sure that we could use the shop lift one day but getting my car there is an issue cause i dont have a trailer or dolly...anyone in NJ have one?

I have a tow bar setup. You could get the brackets from Dave Lee or drill holes like I did and then use my stuff to flat tow.
turboman808
Few pictures

This guy wanted to trade with me but I said no

Then chef seems to almost got it all working right

Leo Imperial
The line up
Click to view attachment
My son very happy about one of the stars from CARS being at the show
Click to view attachment
Ass shot
Click to view attachment
And the NorEasters
Click to view attachment
From left to right
Ray - Rmital, Richie - NYChef, East Coast Aaron - Iloveporsche, Nathan - Turboman808, Me - Leo and son Alexander
turboman808
The Fiat and cars inspired picture biggrin.gif

IPB Image
turboman808
and one more

IPB Image
i love porsche
leo that sounds like a pretty good idea...where do i need to drill the holes?
ChrisFoley
I hope you guys are thinking about a road trip on the 15th up to Manchester CT for the Grand Opening of my new shop. It's not too far! smile.gif
Leo Imperial
Three holes in the bottom of the front pan.

Racer Chris - That sounds like a good idea. Post the details and start a thread.
i love porsche
ill be on my way to the outerbanks in NC on the 15th...too bad, id love to see it

leo, do you have spacing measurements for the 3 holes?
Dominic L
Damn! sad.gif Vince, his son Austin, and I were there but later. DOH! I gotta read this forum more often!!I thought i saw Nathan's car pulling out when we arrived. Nice show there @ the whiskey. Always a good turnout.

Aaron, I have a trailer. Need push power to get the car up on it as I have no winch. I could help you move the car as long as I'm not working or AXing. Or if you can get a tow vehicle and someone who can drive with a trailer, you could borrow it. Again as long as i don't need it for AX. I'm using it this Sunday to tow the teener to Somerville to race with MSNE. Much rather have AC for the long drives! Pm me with your email and I'll reply with my cell # and we could work something out. Also, @ the father's day AX I noticed that you need front struts badly on your 944. Your right front wheel was bouncing like crazy over the bumps. boldblue.gif

ptravnic
Looks like a good time gents. Look fwd to the next time.

-pt
i love porsche
dominic, perfect solution, i have a tow vehicle no problem! i really appreciate it...probably wont be needing it for a month or so..but i will definetly let you know, thanks!
turboman808
Got my new/used wheels this morning. The rear is really wide but I think I can make em fit smash.gif
Once I have the wheels fitting right I will get the fenders fixed.

Also ordered wevo mounts finaly. Hopefully will get them by monday. Need to get that thing shifting right.

Hey leo where did you get the fiberglass rockers? I haven't been able to find these.
ptravnic
When's the next smash.gif session in Lyndhurst?
Dominic L
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jul 5 2006, 01:01 PM) *

When's the next smash.gif session in Lyndhurst?

Every Sat night weather permitting!

QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 4 2006, 09:12 PM) *

dominic, perfect solution, i have a tow vehicle no problem! i really appreciate it...probably wont be needing it for a month or so..but i will definetly let you know, thanks!

No problemo. Let me know when Aaron. You going to either the MSNE AX @ Somerville this Sunday or PCA @ the Meadowlands The 16th of July?
Dr Evil
When is the next show out there at the whiskey? Any after the 19th?

WHO NEEDS A TRANNY? idea.gif happy11.gif
i love porsche
the shows are every saturday at 5

and i need the tranny =]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.