Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Handspring Treo 700p or 700w wireless PDA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
For the techno-geeks, help!

My cell phone display died (Motorola v180) without warning -- just !BAM! I was lucky enough to get all my phone numbers downloaded into the SIM.

I currently have a Handspring Prism (color display Visor). Before fuching Verison changed all it's cell towers I was also using the VisorPhone -- LOVED IT! PDA with cell phone, nirvana for my terrible memory.

I still use the Prism but I'd like to move up to an integrated PDA/wireless phone and I really, really like the Treo's. Question is, should I stay Palm or use Windows for the OS? Suggestions? Pros/cons?

TIA!
KaptKaos
People are saying that the 700p is the end of the line for the Palm OS. Windows Mobile 5 is making a big move in the space and if you use outlook, its a seamless integration.

Get something with EVDO or other high speed connectivity and you will be able to send and receive your email on your phone too.

Windows Mobile 5 is not for the faint of heart. Its like a full fledged PC and requires patience to learn how to use it. But, it is also very powerful and flexible as well.

I run a Audivoxx Pocket PC 6700 on Sprint and I was a USR Palm 5000 user, so you can make the change. It will take time, but this is where the industry is going, at least in the US.

Good luck.
Rand
I use Windows and Office on my PCs, so I prefer Windows Mobile. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., on the PDA is nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.