Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a parts store TODAY in socal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nbscooters
I am looking for heater hoses for my car and my car. One problem...

Its 4th of July weekend
Its a Sunday
and I have a 914.

AGGGH I am going crazy. If anyone knows where I can find these today that would be awesome. Thank You
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(nbscooters @ Jul 2 2006, 12:00 PM) *

I am looking for heater hoses for my car and my car. One problem...

Its 4th of July weekend
Its a Sunday
and I have a 914.

AGGGH I am going crazy. If anyone knows where I can find these today that would be awesome. Thank You

best bet is a BUG SHOP, as they may have the same blower hose...

why do you need a heater for this weekend?
nbscooters
I have tried everything from the dealers to independant shops just trying to find some place that has them. i dont need it this weekend, but it would be good to get the car finished. I just changed pushrod tube seals, and cleaned up all of my heater boxes and painted them. now, i want to finish the job. Thanks though.
Brando
NB, are you talking about the neoprene cloth-tied hoses under the car that go from the heat exchangers to the firewall? Or the heater hoses inside the engine bay from the blower motor?
Cap'n Krusty
The hoses you need are 914 only, though the longer ones for a 911 will work. The diameter is different than any other car uses, and the material, too. There are some hoses for a Piper Aerostar that are just right, but you need 4 instead of 2, and there aren't all that many aircraft parts stores open today, either. The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
Porterfield Pad/Rotors store on Placentia between 17th and 18th ( west side of street) has the hose you want; he sells it in 10 foot lengths for $50 clams. I looked it over--it's the good stuff.
They have a web page...for phone and address
GWN7
Here's a better one......Try finding silicone water hose for a V8 car on a Sunday morning in Canada............ Good thing the kid works at a Peterbilt dealership. They had a roll of the right size or dad no go zoom zoom.....Now I just have to fix the driverside door that won't open from the inside (that worked yesterday). sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.