Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail Shifter bushing replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Any words of wisdom, tricks, etc?

Dumb questions will happen, so be prepared.
Shift rods must come out?

TIA
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 9 2003, 09:25 AM)
Any words of wisdom, tricks, etc?

Shift rods must come out?

no magic involved. i haven't pulled a shift rod.
but of course, i've only done the one at the front, just aft of the shifter, and the one way at the back, by the selector.

IIRC the one at the front requires only removal of the ball-socket thingie with the appropriate Allen wrench (having a spare cone-screw on hand might not be a bad iddea...) and the one at the back requires R&R of a roll pin that is frequently covered in guck - but it's under there, believe me...

if there's another bushing i've either not replaced it - or i've forgotten how ... oh - i did mine on the /6 - if the /4 is different i can't help you ...
Brad Roberts
How does the firewall bushing look ??

Remove the two 13mm nuts back on the tranny that hold the bushing. Push forward on the holder to get it off the studs and then up on the rod and it will come off the tranny. Slide the rear bushing holder off and pop the new one in place.

The firewall bushing: pull the drivers seat out.. pull the armrest and plastic base...pull small black cover off the center tunnel and remove the 13mm bolt/nut holding the pinch. Crawl under car and pull the small shaft out of the body.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.