Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terry clutch cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Are the Terry cables worth the extra money vs a stock one? Does it include the clevis, pin and locknut or do I still need to get them seperate?
GWN7
I think Terry's are cheaper than OEM (and you get stickers for your tool box). The company is called Terry Cable not Terry Cable, Clevis and Nuts. So no.
Aaron Cox
terry is super quality. mine is great.
ws91420
Other than the sheathing any other differences? Pelican has OEM style for 20.50 and the Terry for 39.50. Any other sources?
BigDBass
popcorn[1].gif

not Terry Cable, Clevis and Nuts
biggrin.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jul 2 2006, 10:26 PM) *

Other than the sheathing any other differences? Pelican has OEM style for 20.50 and the Terry for 39.50. Any other sources?

I bought a couple Terry products last time I was in Cali and they were cheaper than the OEM. Never rely on web sites for pricing info or in stock listings. Call GPR 1-800-321-5432
Elliot_Cannon
My Terry cable is better than your Terry cable.
Elliot

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 2 2006, 10:23 PM) *

terry is super quality. mine is great.

wbergtho
I had a Terry Cable and loved it's quality. They are better than OEM.
DEC
I have look at the Terry Cable website
http://www.terrycable.com/

but I found no 914 content sad.gif

Is the link above correct?
Trevorg7
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jul 2 2006, 10:17 PM) *

Are the Terry cables worth the extra money vs a stock one? Does it include the clevis, pin and locknut or do I still need to get them seperate?

I put in a Terry clutch cable when mine broke 6 months ago. I believe it was more than OEM; got it from Rich at HPH.

T
914ltd
A couple of Terry Cable drawbacks. 1. No sheathing in the tunnel tubes. They will eventually wear thru the tube at the bends. Also causes wear on the cable and sticky cable movement as it wears the tube. (this wear takes lots of miles but it does wear.) 2. Don't let the clutch cable come close to the exhaust! They seem to melt at a lower temp than stock. The cable locks up when it cools down. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? Brad Mayeur
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.