Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock mirror repair how to?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've got a pair of nice factory mirrors that it looks like the back of the mirror has deteriorated and need to replace the mirror. How do I deglaze the old mirror without screwing up the seal. I have thought about breaking the mirror, but I really would like to use it as a pattern. Anyone ever done this before?
GWN7
Take it to a local glass place. Let them worry about cutting a oval.
2-OH!
I have done several....I take a very small screw driver set and pry out the plastic retainer around the perimeter...It pops right out, but very carefully...Then everything just falls out...

Take the glass to any glass shop and they can duplicate...Meanwhile, take the neck apart, clean, brush off all the corrosion and lube...Buff up the outer shell with jewelers rouge and buffing wheel...Get the glass back and reassemble...

2-OH!
boxstr
Bring them out to CAMP and I can show you how to replace the glass, and I might even have some mirror glass to fit. They are different sizes.
Craig
Mikey914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 3 2006, 08:46 AM) *

Bring them out to CAMP and I can show you how to replace the glass, and I might even have some mirror glass to fit. They are different sizes.
Craig

Thanks, I'm trying to get some time off for this upcomming weekend, or another time. beer.gif
johannes
The answer and lot of pics in this thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...2&hl=mirror

icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.