Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help identifying this stuff...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
I want to pull this stuff off and put it on my '75. Need to know if it's worth going to the effort.

911 control arm and turbo tie rods?
swood
right side
swood
what shocks are these? I have a pair of Konis and 140# springs already.
swood
can anyone check the color code for me? I don't see it on the chart.

Thanks guys.
Steve
Brad Roberts
All I see is Turbo tie rods (125.00 new) and a set of KYB's with some aftermarket rear spring.

I wouldnt pull them. 90% of the time you will screw up the boot for the tie rod (small boot with grease in it).

B
swood
Can you tell if those are stock arms or not?
kafermeister
I'll offer my opinion here. My best guess on the rear struts are KYBs. Most people don't like them.

As for the 911 control arms, you gotta run 911 torsion bars and 911 cross brace also. The only benefit that I can think of to upgrading to the 911 specific torsion bars is the greater availability of more varried sizes. For most street guys, this is hardly worth it. Most just use the 911 struts alone. Provided, of course, you have the proper late-vs-early ball joint to match the struts.

Rick
kafermeister
Looks like Brad beat me to the punch. electrons passing at the same time.
swood
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Oct 9 2003, 10:52 AM)
Most just use the 911 struts alone. Provided, of course, you have the proper late-vs-early ball joint to match the struts.

Rick

Not sure what this car has and I don't know too much about these items. I'll look again tonight to see whats up.
Brad Roberts
Its all stock 914 parts except the turbo tie rods.

If it had 911 control arms... it would have 911 struts (5 lug).

The 911 control arms (early) look indentical to 914 control arms.

B
J P Stein
Odd....one A arm pic shows an extra hole and no U tab.
The other has the tab.......I'm confused. Ah, one from the front and one from the back.
Qarl
L98 is for the special colors
kafermeister
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 9 2003, 03:01 PM)
The 911 control arms (early) look indentical to 914 control arms.

But the splines are still different, right?
Brad Roberts
Yep. Splines are different. Something is screwy on this car. One arm has tabs and the other doesnt (JP isnt seeing things)

B
TimT
the lack of the U tab is doesnt mean didly.. I owned a really low mileage 911T about 20 years ago..When I purchased it from it original owner I got all the records from the day the car was purchased (in 1971). This car came from the factory with one a-arm having a U tab, the other side didnt have the U tab.

I guess on the day my car was made they ran out of one or the other type a arm and grabbed whatever was available to complete the car.

Who knows whats up with a car of unknown heritage though
J P Stein
Funny thing about "records". I have every record back to including the original owners manual......the shit was bout an inch & a half thick (and I've added some to it).....EXCEPT where & when the collision damage was repaired. The POs seemed to overlook that part....go figure laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.