Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior trim paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Jasfsmith
Came across a couple of spots on my directional lever that has chipped paint. Any suggestions on the best way to handle the repair? It appears to be a satin black or or dark grey colored paint.
JeffBowlsby
Wolfsburg West has a great spray paint for this...its called 'grey black' and its the perfect match for the interior metal parts.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 3 2006, 08:42 AM) *

West Coast Metric has a great spray paint for this...its called 'grey black' and its the perfect match for the interior metal parts.

Any chance you have an email address?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 3 2006, 09:01 AM) *

Came across a couple of spots on my directional lever that has chipped paint. Any suggestions on the best way to handle the repair? It appears to be a satin black or or dark grey colored paint.

Any chanc we could have a pic of the chips? May help the rest.
Pat
Bleyseng
Then if you repaint the turn signal/directional arms, How do you paint the little white insignias? Is there a decal?
tod914
Thats a great site there Jeff. Lots of good info on it.
Jasfsmith
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 3 2006, 06:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 3 2006, 09:01 AM) *

Any chanc we could have a pic of the chips? May help the rest.
Pat

Final had a chance to take apicture of the directional lever. The chip goes to bare metal.

While I'm at it, take note of the directional lever knob. It has turned a shade of brown. Any suggestions on correct refinishing approach .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.