Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric Powered 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
1952 model
drew365
Should have the same Cd as a 1970 model.
URY914
1) I see rust at the battery box.
2) I bet he rolled the fender lip in to get those tires on it.
3) Is it a -4 or a -6.
4) Carbs or F/I

Ya Da Ya Da..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Paul
Malmz
I actually saw one of those -real- converted electric 914s the other day. Here in West Hills CA at the ball field. Talked to the guy for about 5 seconds... unfortunately I didn't have much time.

One of the cleanest looking white early cars I have ever seen. He had "Electric" or something similar on the engine decklid in the same letters as the regular "Porsche" letters.

About the only question I got out after I complemented the clean-ness of his car was what the range was. about 80 miles. Not too bad if you know where you are going and when you need to get home.

sm
JeffBowlsby
Here in the Bay Area, we are fortunate enough to have Otmar and his car...what a blast to see it light up. He holds some EV trophies in his 914 EV, and has been to a couple of our 914 events.

http://www.evcl.com/914/
meursault
I think I had a ride in the electric 914 in question when I was in New Orleans. I was rather unimpressed with the performance and handling of said vehicle. The wooden seats were of negligible benefit to weight and comfort level, and yet, with all these sacrifices, this 914 only had a range of about 10-15 miles back and forth.

Impractical if you're commuting out of the city, but if you only need to get your drunk ass from downtown to uptown, it fits the bill well enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.