Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA (SF Region) Vintage races in September
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Terrance
Anyone here attending or racing in it? I hope to get my car done for this race, but that might not happen since I'm planning to run a Spec Miata race early September, might not have the funds.

There's also a 911 and 914 festival at the same time.

http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/...ntagepacket.pdf

drew365
Tried to do it last year, but they won't accept a POC race license. I haven't gotten around to getting an SCCA license. Maybe next year.
Terrance
Drew,

In your situation, I would use your POC license to get a PCA, then use that for the SCCA.

race914
I'm already registered!

My favorite annual event on the West Coast

This is where I met Andy and the '914 Club Tech crew' last year. I joined the 914club anyway...

just kidding... Great bunch of guys that made me feel right at home pitting next to them.

Joined this forum immediately when I got home type.gif

Click to view attachment

Brad Roberts
Greg,

I only told you about our club every time I spoke to you on the phone from HPH biggrin.gif

I once worked with "Victory Lane" on this. I need to open the doors of communication on this again.

B
race914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 18 2006, 08:30 PM) *

Greg,

I only told you about our club every time I spoke to you on the phone from HPH biggrin.gif

I once worked with "Victory Lane" on this. I need to open the doors of communication on this again.

B

Hi Brad,

You did indeed! I really wish we could have worked out the joint 914club autocross with PCA back then. Too bad the PCA insurance in place at the time wouldn't allow it. Now non-PCA members are no problem...

It's funny, but thinking back, after all of the coordination we did through HPH I have no idea why I didn't sign up back then, except I had to take a few years off racing due to my work schedule (what was I thinking?)

So Brad is actually the one that recruited me to the club, I just had a delayed point of engagement!

Thanks for the reminder Brad.

Hope all is well down south...

Greg

jimtab
Hey Greg, it was our pleasure to have you pit next to us last year...I intend to be there this year too....
race914
QUOTE(jimtab @ Jul 20 2006, 10:44 PM) *

Hey Greg, it was our pleasure to have you pit next to us last year...I intend to be there this year too....

Jim,

Being invited to pit by you guys made the weekend! Never had such a great welcome at an event

Looking forward to seeing you again in Sept.

Hope we have a BIG turnout for the 914 track drivearound.

Greg
jimtab
QUOTE(race914 @ Jul 21 2006, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(jimtab @ Jul 20 2006, 10:44 PM) *

Jim,

Being invited to pit by you guys made the weekend! Never had such a great welcome at an event

Looking forward to seeing you again in Sept.

Hope we have a BIG turnout for the 914 track drivearound.

Greg

I hope we get at least as many as last year...love your car by the way...
race914
The SCCA Laguna Seca Vintage Entry List is now online

914club has its first member registered in Group 3 #52!

Gonna go get those MGs, Elvas, Austins, Triumphs! with my four! driving.gif

Plan is to pit next to the 914club gang again if there is any room (lots of 914s last year!) beerchug.gif

More event info

Click to view attachment

Leo Imperial
This was a great event last year. Wow, it has already been a year. Doesn't seem like it. Andy did the lobby work last year and go the "non-club" a great spot in the paddock. Watching Greg and the other 914's run strong was a blast. I highly recommend this event to anyone thinking about going. If I hadn't switched coasts I wouldn't think of missing it.
race914
Get'n ready for the event!

Rear lid & spoiler showed up (another 15lbs gone!) along with the heat cycled AVONs smile.gif

Gonna paint the rear lid this weekend...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.