Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Routing of vacuum lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hi4head
OK - I feel like a jerk on this one.

I installed new vacuum lines on all but one line (my dealer was a little short stocked). I'm following along with the diagram courtesy of Mr. Darling, and replacing one hose at a time to keep things straight, when

"Holy Crap - Have I always had these two lines crossed?"

I think that the way that I currently have it matches the drawing.

Can someone please confirm that this is correct? The lines that I'm concerned about are those entering the engine compartment on the driver's side below the relay board. I've got the new braided line going to the air intake. Below the braided gray line is an old crap rubber line connecting to the driver's side by the alternator.

Thanks,
Chris

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
QUOTE(hi4head @ Jul 3 2006, 08:24 PM) *

Can someone please confirm that this is correct?

i can't, but those are the lines for the gastank expansion system. one blows air from the fanhousing into the expansion tank, from there the air goes through the charcoal filter and back to the engine comp and into your air filter.

hooking them up the wrong way will not effect how your engine runs ...
smile.gif Andy
hi4head
Thanks Andy.

I just came in from mowing the lawn and the same thought hit me. From researching threads and thinking that I'd read somewhere that it is a circular system going to the canister, it dawned on me that maybe it didn't matter. And then I was thinking that maybe there was a valve in the system.

You've cleared it up. Now if I can just get my shorting fuel pump resolved. Time for more diagnostics.

Chris

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.