Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Sway Bar Bushing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hi4head
I promise, this is my last question of the night.

So I'm down under the car changing out the transmission fluid, when I see some thing hanging down from what I think is the rear sway bar. If my research is correct, the hangy-down thing is the "drop link". While I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer on cars, I could tell right away that I was probably supposed to connect to the ball up at the bottom of the shock.

I could position the link back up and on, but it isn't going to stay. Appears that the plastic piece (bushing) is shot. I've got a photo of the link and of the bushing.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

If I'm interpretting things correct from Pelican's site, it looks like I need a "rear sway bar drop link bushing".

Assuming that this is what I need (please confirm), exactly how is it installed. Simply lube it up and pound it home onto the ball at the bottom of the shock.

Thanks - and have a great Independence Day.

Chris
914werke
A-yup biggrin.gif
Only I tried this trik on the Shift rod bushing and it worked like a charm:
Drop the bush into a mug of water
Place in Microwave
heat for a min.
remove, quickly place into link, give it a smack with a soft mallet..
Wala clap56.gif
hi4head
Thanks Rich.

So it sound like basically I need to soften the bushing up first.

Chris
rhodyguy
plan on doing all the drop link bushings. they come in a 4 pack.

k
Tobra
'tis easier to do the all at once too. I used a gear puller and a dollar piece to press them onto the ball on the shock mount and end of sway bar. Vise worked nicely to get them started, popped them in with a mallet, as above
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.