Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 eBay car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
I don't know if this belongs to somebody on this site, but this 914 popped up in my eBay search this morning. 2.0 car currently running a 1.8 (but the seller says he has the original 2.0 engine).
JPB
Yes bro, There is one also in Winchester. I have my eyes on them also and will be getting a second teener soon. I don't like them heavy black bumpers though, they were put on them for the US safety crap that was going on back then. They just weighed them down more every year and choked them with polution controle schmit.

beer.gif I'd say gettem if ya likem.

I really want my next car to be like my 71 as it was with steel chrome rims and chrome bumpers. The one I had needed some serious work in the floors and was not good enough for a full restoration. Just like my girls, I like my stuff small and cute.
zymurgist
Huh?

The '74 has chrome bumpers... check out the pics. (Babydoll is a '74 so I've developed more than a passing familiarity with the '74 914.)
Pat Garvey
Lots of little problems area, especially around the door stricker. I personally don't like the battery in the rear trunk & can only image why it was put there....

Very nice interior though.

But a 2L with a carb's 1.8, 200k miles, wrong front bumper, black painted trunk, couple of bunged up wheels, rust in serious areas, looks like a couple of panel fit problems too. & the stereo means nothing to me, especially since no one over 4 ft tall could be a passenger.

I'd hardly call this a "restored" 914. When I checked last, the bid was around $1700 - probably a $2000 914 IMO
grasshopper
QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 4 2006, 05:03 AM) *

Yes bro, There is one also in Winchester.

What the hell!!!! How did I miss that?? dead horse.gif I hate evilbay dry.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 4 2006, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 4 2006, 05:03 AM) *

Yes bro, There is one also in Winchester.

What the hell!!!! How did I miss that?? dead horse.gif I hate evilbay dry.gif

I missed it too... so much for the eBay automatic e-mail system.
nomore9one4
If any one here buys this car let me know. I have that section that is wrotted out on that passenger side stricker plate. Just FYI Good luck driving.gif
nomore9one4
Oh I forgot to add for free if you pay shipping.I just want to see these parts get used.
JPB
OOps must be air on the brain; it does have chrome bumpers. At least I didn't say it was yeller.

beer3.gif It was a chemical imbalance, low on coffee today.
Marlow
This car has been on the DC/VA/MD Craiglist for about a month now. I would guess his reserve is over $5k since he was asking about $5500 on Craigslist the last time it was listed.

I thought it was quite unusual that they replaced a 2.0 with a 1.8. The owner probably saw the estimate to have the 2.0 rebuilt and found a cheaper alternative.

A few weeks ago I emailed the owner and suggested that he list the car on the Club and Pelican's site. I guess he didn't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.