Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 V8 Suspension setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
JLO is coming along nicely with little details. We've been stripping and painting fasteners and things and we are now playing with the suspension bits.

From the butt dyno, I'd say JLO has stock or near stock T-bars up front. I like the ride for a street car, especially with the Koni yellows up front and the Koni reds in back. JLO has stock sway bars front and rear and I'll try the Renegade 200lbs springs out back to see how they feel (I have sets of Eibachs in various rates, so I can tune).

My question...with stock AR bars and Tbars and the 200lbs springs, will I get a neutral or slightly understeering setup? This is a boulevard cruiser with the occasional twisty road thrown in.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Andyrew
200 rear with stock t bar and sway bar will give you oversteer..

I think you need a 19mm bar to adjust it where you feel you like it.

For the v8 a neutral setup is 180's on the back, stock T bars, and either a stock or a 19mm bar... For the track, the 19mm bar will help on the front.

For 200lb springs you Need the 19mm bar or bigger.

For comparison, I had 21mm T bar, stock sway bar, and 180's on the rear, and I was fighting understeer.

But then again... You have massive rear tires which havent been figured in yet...

Try Just the 200 rear... see what happens!

PS I strongly suggest getting elephant or polybronze bushings to allow your suspension to work properly...

Sammy
On mine I ended up with stock t-bars up front with a stock sway bar, and 200# springs in back with no rear sway bar, and...... here's the important part......
Victoracers in the rear and regular michelins in front.
Yeah I know it sounds funky but it was so predictable it was shocking, totally neutral except in the slowest of corners and I could steer the car with my right foot.

nebreitling
keep your stock (5-lug, 19mm i assume) torsion bars for ride quality and some 175 lb springs.... should be a decent setup with a stock front anti-roll bar.
Brad Roberts
Dont buy the RHS 200lb springs. They are stock inside diameter and not 2.5 like the range of springs you have for testing.

I agree about the 175's Nathan suggested with a larger adjustable front bar.

You know damn well the car will have throttle on oversteer.. so compensate.

Sammy.. this car has 10inch wide rear tires smile.gif

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.