Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stick On Center Wheel Cap Emblems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with those stick on center wheel cap Porsche emblems being sold on e-bay and elsewhere?? Do they stay on?? I'm wondering if they're worth a try.
Van914
I ran a set I got from AA years ago. Had 1 come off after about a year or two. Just glued it back on. I have a new set here somewhere if you are interested. How much are they selling for on ebay?
Van914
BigDBass
popcorn[1].gif

I've been wondering about this myself. Seems like an affordable "temporary" solution to my banged up centercaps compared to a new set of caps for ~$125
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I bought the same ones of E-Bay 3 yrs ago,also bought those billet center caps. All i did was clean the surface real good,then stuck them on. They are still there
never moved or came off. I have put on about 10,000 miles . Go for it.
Dave slap.gif
Dr Evil
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ptravnic
I've used the puffy center stickers for 10yrs and had no probs w/them. Rather than use the stick from the sticker I use super glue. Never had one come off... There are a couple diff size plastic center caps though but both each size handles the stickers just fine.

Sorry, car is parked in the garage for the week so no pics...
rwjames
I got a set of the adhesive wheel emblems on a car I purchased from AA. One came off and was lost for good. George gave me another set and I replaced the missing emblem The same one started to come off again so I used an auto adhesive and put it back on and it has been ok since then.

The emblem was a little too large for the factory center cap and it wasn't fitting into the recessed area well, which caused it to pop off. It seems like some of the emblems fit some of the caps ok and not so good on the others.

I actually purchased the crested center caps from AA a few months ago and have not put them on yet. They are expensive, but look great.
BigDBass
agree.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Bill Shaw
Another solution - got 4 crested key fobs (dealer had a deal on them), took off the fobs and removed the hook. A little J-B Weld and they've been on for 15K+ miles with no problem, even though my center caps aren't perfectly flat.
tracks914
I got the puffy ones from ebay, I have one left. Even after I cut them down to fit the factory cap recess they still popped off one at a time.
May it's the -50*F winters that screw up the glue. sad.gif
Rrrockhound
Mine stayed stuck just fine until I got my wheels balanced and was able to exceed 70 MPH without vibration. After that, they mysteriously began to pop off, one by one. confused24.gif
ptravnic
Has anyone else used superglue instead of relying on the adhesive? I've used superglue on top of the adhesive and those suckers have not budged in 10yrs!
BigDBass
Jeez, someone post a picture already! I wanna see if they look cheesy or not!
ninefourteener
Yes... I bought them...... they are ok. Had em on about 2 years now.... there's 3 left.

But..... my caps weren't perfectly flat... they were a little banged up and "dome" shaped.

If your caps are flat and smooth, they'll last quite awhile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.