Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh, this will be a quickie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
After Brandon painted my engine compartment I though I could just use the remaining paint to do what is left of my trunk.; you know a two hour job.

Well after I scraped and sanded all the old paint I decided to primer the few rusted metal areas, and then got real ambitious and primered the entire thing.

Then after thinking about it for awhile I remembered that Brandon's paint (PPG) might not be compatible with my enamel primer. So I called Mark and then the paint shop and sure enough it wasn’t. . .

So now I either have to change colors and use an enamel paint, which won't match or strip it clean.

So this is what I did.

Brandon, here I come again.
Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 4 2006, 10:36 AM) *

After Brandon painted my engine compartment I though I could just use the remaining paint to do what is left of my trunk.; you know a two hour job.

Well after I scraped and sanded all the old paint I decided to primer the few rusted metal areas, and then got real ambitious and primered the entire thing.

Then after thinking about it for awhile I remembered that Brandon's paint (PPG) might not be compatible with my enamel primer. So I called Mark and then the paint shop and sure enough it wasn’t. . .

So now I either have to change colors and use an enamel paint, which won't match or strip it clean.

So this is what I did.

Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 4 2006, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 4 2006, 10:36 AM) *

So this is what I did.

rhodyguy
is there a primer/product you can use that will work over the enamel primer and is compatible with the top coat?

k
Randal
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 4 2006, 10:41 AM) *

is there a primer/product you can use that will work over the enamel primer and is compatible with the top coat?

k

Lots of them, but they won't match the color the Brandon sprayed on.

I could go with a different color, but that would bug me forever.
ClayPerrine
Your luggage is going to fall out on the road.....
scottb
should be easy to paint, half of the trunk is gone!!!
Randal
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 4 2006, 11:17 AM) *

Your luggage is going to fall out on the road.....

This car is only used on dirty weekends. No luggage required.
So.Cal.914
That was some really strong paint stripper. Good thing you weren't doing the

outside too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.