Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed JWest Fog Light Flash module
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass
I just installed the JWest fog light flash module. It took me about a half hour and the provided instructions were clear and effective. I debated using Demick's
foglight rewiring instructions but didn't want to cut my harness at all.

The best feature of this modification is that you can sit in the car in your garage and flash the fogs on and off and pretend you are telling Steve McQueen to get out of your way at LeMans! biggrin.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 4 2006, 10:37 AM) *

I just installed the JWest fog light flash module. It took me about a half hour and the provided instructions were clear and effective. I debated using Demick's

The best feature of this modification is that you can sit in the car in your garage and flash the fogs on and off and pretend you are telling Steve McQueen to get out of your way at LeMans! biggrin.gif

Right on, Dan! That is a really well put together item, too bad my stalk wont toggle the hibeams on my car at all!
confused24.gif PO wiring!! But a good product and easily worth the 26 bux!
double-a
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 4 2006, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 4 2006, 10:37 AM) *

Right on, Dan! That is a really well put together item, too bad my stalk wont toggle the hibeams on my car at all!
confused24.gif PO wiring!! But a good product and easily worth the 26 bux!

agree, very good product. and there will be one on the auction block at the wcc charity auction! along with a rennshift of course >:)

~a
grasshopper
hell yeah! I installed mine the other day too. Took about ten minutes and now I have fogs that I can actually use! Great product!
blitZ
I lost my high beams after installing mine? Anyone have the same problem?
dinomium
I have no hibeams after, but I think it was PO wiring that did me in. I tried puting things back the way I found them, but it was too late... Damage done.

what year is your car? Mine is a 1970.
grasshopper
..??? I had no Highbeams after too... I installed a new headlight relay and it worked fine..
BigDBass
Hmm, I haven't tried the highbeams. I literally never use them anyway. I'll see if they work when I get home.
auggie91420
Dan has the bug.

WE'RE CREATING A MONSTER sawzall-smiley.gif

carreraguy
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 5 2006, 10:50 AM) *

Hmm, I haven't tried the highbeams. I literally never use them anyway. I'll see if they work when I get home.

I wonder if Craig's "Pilot" foglight mod would make up the difference if you didn't have a high beam after the mod? I've ordered both the Flash Module and the Pilots.
BigDBass
Just tested, and my highbeams work fine.

Tossing in easy stuff like this with immediate, visible results in between the higher learning curve stuff has helped build my confidence and not burn out.

Next up will be Pilots from Camp and/or the "Hella Vision Plus" H4 conversion from Performance Products.

And it will be a loooong time before my monster catches up to CMXIV! biggrin.gif
dinomium
I swapped out realys, now I have hi beams only
Kookey
I guess I should buy a nu one!

fog lites work...
wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.