Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a (est) Value on my 73 2.0 for insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bodyman
hey guys I finally got my car on the road, I insured it, and I insured it with just liability for now, But the insurance needs a stated replacement value so I can put full coverage on it. I guess stated value would be what it would cost me to replace it in the event of a accident. the car has the 2.0 motor with a carb, Phoenix Red, it has 64500 original miles, original fusch wheels new tires, new brakes, great interior new front and rear suspension. here are a couple pics Tell me what you guys think on this. thanks
IPB Image
IPB Image
bodyman
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
BMartin914
The stated value of the vehicle will differ depending upon who your coverage is with. A State Farm or a Farmers is going to look at Blue Book Value for replacement. A collector car insurance company will request an "agreed value" (replacement value) for the vehicle.

I bought my car for $6K 2 years ago and I have an agreed value of $10K through my insurer.

My car is far from original, but is a very nice example. Your car is quite original, so your agreed value with the insurer would probably be higher than mine - judging from the pics alone of course.
sean_v8_914
Mercury has mine covered at $6500 stated value. they took pics of everything. although my engine, trans, chassis and susp are tip-top, my interior is thrashed and teh paint job is beat. the agent used some computer resource to come up with this figure. She also said that I should do paint and seats ASAP so she can bump it to 10k
sean_v8_914
I just went thru this on 6-30-06
Flat VW
ph34r.gif
Porsche Rescue
Insure for no less than $10K and $12 is not too much.
Bleyseng
10K as where are you gonna find another one.
brant
bodyman...

nice freakin job.
did you do the paint yourself.
is this the same car from about 4 months back that needed paint and body?

nice freakin job!

you know at shop rates you have a 5K paint job
so replacement is going to cost you around 10-12K

thats my guess.

brant
nycchef
check out hagerty classic car insurance. told them i bought my 73 1.7 for $5000. sent them pics over the net. they told me to insure for between $7k and $9k. went for $8k. they said send reciepts for extras and i can go higher $114.00 per full coverage and agreed value per year
Midtowner
I just renewed my Hagerty policy yesterday and increased the Agreed Value from $8K to $10K for a 1973 2.0 with 89,000 miles in very good conditon. I'll bet $12K annual premium is not much more than $10K. Nice car! biggrin.gif
914rrr
We live in Tennesse, and State Farm did a agreed value of $11,000 for our 914. It is only $120 a year and the only limitations we have is that we cannot remove any items or change anything on the 914. If we want to insure it for more, we just need an appraisal. We gave them photos of all sides including the interior. They did not have to see it or have it inspected. We also did not have to have 2 daily drivers less than 10 years old.
evan
Congrats on being on the road. I insured mine a 73 914 bored to 2.0, decent paint, eng, etc. bought for 6,000 covered for 12,000 with Hagerty. Only needed pics. Also registered it as a classic or antique. Plus be careful the other insurance companies limit you on mileage. They may not check but if you have an accident and the miles are greater you could be in trouble.

AvalonFal
My basically stock '74 2.0L is insured with Hagerty. No mileage limit, but must show proof of ownership of another vehicle for daily use. Agreed value of $7K, but probably will increase it a few grand next renewal. About $125 for full coverage including towing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.