Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: goin' mobile....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
back on the road!!!

evil trany shifts like buttah.... new exhaust sounds great though getting it done was a bitch. one stub pipe was not square on the mating end for the head. about 20 careful seconds on the grinder, and problem solved!!! time to figure out the problem was another matter....

used a helicoil for the first time today. damn are those slick. easy, easy fix for the pulled exhaust stud.

still have this weird stutter when shifting in to 3rd on ocassion. feels like the clutch doesn't disengage... back off a bit then goes just fine. someone mentioned the motor mounts, checked/tightened those while i had the motor out but i may go ahead and put the solids in since i have solid trany mounts. that is for another weekend.

otherwise, only issue is the clutch cable/header interference issue. i have used a few layers of high temp header wrap around the cables for insulation but i figure there has to be a better way. suggestions?

otherwise, went for a few mile test run, got some fresh petrol and back on the road.

now on with the 4th!!!!

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
rhodyguy
...cause your mobile!! beep beep. if you leave right now you can make it to portland in time.

k
Dr Evil
About friggin time wink.gif I am thrilled that the tranny is performing up to your expectations smilie_pokal.gif

Someday I too shall be so lucky....
Van914
Scott,
I solved the melting of the cable problem with "Firesleeve". I think you can get it from Jegs and Summit. I just pushed the cables through and reinstalled. I held it in place using SS Screw clamps. No mus no fuss. You might slpit the cost and sleeve with someone else in the club. Try here

Firesleeve

Good luck,
Van914
Dr Evil
I may be in for a group buy...my brake cables are melted sad.gif
scottb
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 4 2006, 02:31 PM) *

...cause your mobile!! beep beep. if you leave right now you can make it to portland in time.

k

oh kevin you sly temptress.... how cool would that be to appear in portland!! beer.gif

but unless i decide i don't want to be employed any longer, i better stay on the right coast. sad.gif

hey kevin, check out "strummin' with the devil" bluegrass versions of van halen songs with david lee roth. actually pretty cool!!!! biggrin.gif

Scott,
I solved the melting of the cable problem with "Firesleeve".

firesleeve has been ordered!!!! mike, just wander on down and we can get you all taken care of..... maybe a quick look at the old trans to see what ails it....

thanks for the tip van! beerchug.gif

cheers all.......

PS: forgot to mention i met another newer member of the club, john from "joisey"... drove down and swapped some dead presidents for my exhaust and flares. good guy. mentioned the NJ stuff going on and told him to check that out so hopefully we will see him at some outings. seemed interested in the ECC so we will see. he has a '76 though i don't have any pics or details....
maf914
"goin' mobile...., watch the police and the tax man miss me!!!"

I don't think anyone listed this song by the Who in the road songs thread over in the Sandbox forum. idea.gif
Aaron Cox
great song....
rhodyguy
WHOS NEXT. def on the top 5 all time best list for me. shocking cover art!!! haha.

k

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.