Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain Tray Funnels and Drain Tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
AvalonFal
I'm curious what is the proper way for the rain tray funnels to be connected to the drain tubes?? Are they simply pushed on?? Glued?? Hose clamped?? My '74 has pull ties holding the tubes onto the funnels (from PO) & that doesn't seem right.

Also, what is the proper color of the tubes? Mine are clear & all I've seen on other 914's have been black. A re-do by the PO also, perhaps?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jul 4 2006, 07:05 PM) *

I'm curious what is the proper way for the rain tray funnels to be connected to the drain tubes?? Are they simply pushed on?? Glued?? Hose clamped?? My '74 has pull ties holding the tubes onto the funnels (from PO) & that doesn't seem right.

Also, what is the proper color of the tubes? Mine are clear & all I've seen on other 914's have been black. A re-do by the PO also, perhaps?

Check my pic - from my 72. Clear tubes - no. Pull ties - don't think so, but it's not a bad idea. If it works & you're not a CW, keep it. Actually sounds like a decent idea. Just not factory.
AvalonFal
Thanks, Pat. A picture IS worth a 1000 words!! You've cleared up my confusion.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jul 4 2006, 09:36 PM) *

That's why we're here! Happy to help!
914rrr
A good source for drain tubes is VW Super Beetles. They use the exact same material for the fresh air drain tubes in the front trunk and the tubes are longer. The only difference is a 'molded' end section to make it easier to put on. Best part is, most of the ones you'll find are in great shape, as they are out of the sun and not exposed to heat like the teeners are.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jul 4 2006, 09:36 PM) *

I just bought a set from Evilbay - think I paid $3.75 for them. If you want them, let me know - $3.75 & ship costs. Don't even kno why I bought them, except they were cheap. Yous if you want them.

Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.