Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bigbohr
Found this for-sale ad for a 914-6 (link below). In case someone is looking for one ...

914-6 ad
Chris H.
I don't think that's a 6, but it does look nice.
redshift
=o0

m
Bigbohr
Educate the innocent ... How can you tell?
redshift
4722901196 VIN, and the wheels.

Other than that, with a lower angle view on the muffler.... we could know without those things.

M
boxstr
Actually you can tell a four from a six by looking at the exhaust pipe the four is nearer the center of the bumper the six further out, you can use the tow hook hole in the rear bumper for a guide.
CCLINLO
Bleyseng
Plus only a very few 72's were made and were only sold in Europe.

The Vin (4722901196) is the giveaway as it starts with 472 which is a four car a six starts with 914.....

Geoff
-P-
Looks like Cop car wheels!
Bleyseng
They are supposed to be silver but...hey if you like the CHIPS look go for it.

Geoff
Chris H.
Yeah it was the 4-bolt wheels that got me. I didn't even look at the VIN. Anyway take the cop car wheels away and it's not bad! 6K is a bit steep.
biosurfer1
another big hint is the fact that just across where it says its a 6, he has that the engine size is 4 cylinders:)
URY914
"We want to sell this car right, so lets only take two pictures of it and lets make them front the same spot.
No one will want to see the other side right, or the front? No, people will buy it. Sure. We'll just wait for the bids to role in."

Paul
Bigbohr
Seems to be a common trick (?) Saw a similar approach recently on e-bay. There were 6 pictures - 1 of the side, from far away - and 5 pics of small details, i.e., impossible to assess condition of the car. E-mailed the seller to inquire about the car. He said there was "minor rust on the floorpan". Went to look at the car in person and it had quite a bit of rust in the undesirable spots - and the floorpan on the passenger's side was about gone. Anyway, somebody bought the car for $3,300. Hope the buyer has a welder ...
Pisses me off that some people apparently have no trouble screwing buyers. ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.