Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch disc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
Is there a difference worth the 2.5x price ???

JIm
davep
definitely not worth 2.5x!
now is the 6 spring too expensive or the 4 spring too cheap?
beware the 6 spring disc for the 69 911S aluminum clutch as it is too thin for anything but the matching pressure plate.
shouldn't be more than about 10% difference
Cap'n Krusty
My cost for the 911 disc from Worldpac is about 3x that of the 4 spring, and the 914 one has a funny part number. Probably Sachs Brazil. The Cap'n
mihai914
I just ordered a clutch disc from autohausaz for $64 listed as a stock replacement part, the picture showed a 6 spring disc, I thought it was a mistake but took a risk at that price. I did receive a 6 spring disc, I guess they (Sachs) are making them only in this flavour now. If you look at pelican also, they show a picture of a 6 spring disc for the stock inexpensive unit, whatever Worldpac provides them as an image.
blitZ
QUOTE(mihai914 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:41 PM) *

I just ordered a clutch disc from autohausaz for $64 listed as a stock replacement part, the picture showed a 6 spring disc, I thought it was a mistake but took a risk at that price. I did receive a 6 spring disc, I guess they (Sachs) are making them only in this flavour now. If you look at pelican also, they show a picture of a 6 spring disc for the stock inexpensive unit, whatever Worldpac provides them as an image.

I picked up a clutch kit from Zim's with that same disc plus pressure plate and bearing for $300. It was a good bit cheaper than PP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.