Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil lines and Fuel Lines and oil tank question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Terrance
So, I know this question has been asked numerous times.

I will have a 2.2 -6 in the car, and know that a -12 line is sufficient, but wanted to see if a -16 is really necessary.

What about fuel lines? I removed all the crappy lines from the car a long time ago, and will have a "pump around" or recirculating system for the fuel to my fuel cell. My fuel cell already has -6 coming out of it. Do I just run -6 all the way down to the carbs? or can I/should I go down to a -4?

Oil tank. If I do use an non 914-6 oil tank and mount it up front, is there any specifics I should look at for a tank?
Trekkor
I run -16 from the tank in the stock location to the motor.
The rest of the run is -12.
You won't ever starve the motor and the return/cooler loop is under pressure.

I run -6 lines from the tank to the pump/one-in two-out regulator/Webers. One line.

This is what I do. idea.gif

KT
john rogers
My line sizes are the same except that I use 3/8 inch solid SS line through the tunnel and flex lines from the cell to the pump to the solid line and then flex from the solid line to the pressure regulator. From the regulator to the carbs I use cloth covered German FI lines as they get unhooked a lot and are easy to replace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.