Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory sway bar / installed / front end much
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I didn't install my front sway bar until last night, well that feels good. I know its also called a front stabilizer bar but it really change the feel of the front end. Driving at higher speeds the car feels much tighter. I don't know what I was thinking waiting this long to install it.
I have stock TBs and sway bar front with 165 rear springs in the rear and street orange koni's set on full soft, along with needle bearings .
This thing finely rides nice clap56.gif
AZ914
Schweeet! Did you already have U-tabs on your A-Arms or did you have to go the weld or bolt-on method? I've been thinking of adding a sway to my front and was looking at options.
robby750
Get a sway bar. I finally installed one and regret not doing it years ago. It really makes a huge difference.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif

Drive... your set-up sounds sweet. I love Koni's on soft with a stock bar. Perfect combo IMHO
drive-ability
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 7 2006, 07:26 AM) *

Schweeet! Did you already have U-tabs on your A-Arms or did you have to go the weld or bolt-on method? I've been thinking of adding a sway to my front and was looking at options.

My car came from the factory with front and rear sway bars, I run only the front one. It did make a big difference all around. driving.gif How ever you have to add the mounts I would for sure add one. Before I installed the bar the front end would muddle around on a bumpy surface, now it's 100% more stable and corners far better. beerchug.gif
AZ914
D-A.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are probably running the stock 15mm? I'm just a street guy so that would probably be fine.

Now I need to find all the bits...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.