Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mad finish before WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Got up early with a big todo list before tomorrow. (8AM)

Cleanup, pull off all the masking, painting crap cuz I just had to paint the car yesterday..... dry.gif

Reinstalled all the parts I took off so I could paint the car. Damn where does all this stuff go! Crap the lites don't work now....

Got a call from Rich D about meeting up at the shop so we could tune his car. Ahhh, I am heading out now....be there is 30minutes. Rush to put the final touches on the car so I can drive it.

Start working on RichD's car as he left it there over night so I could work on it. Thanks Rich dry.gif
Timing is waaay off so I fixx that and start it. Damn this thing runs awful...hmmm. Rich shows up in his nice work clothes...so we hook up the LM1 meter to tune the A/F mix. Drive around but this thing runs like it on 3 cylinders.
I convince Rich to test the injectors in a bottle (Geoff they are rebuilt!) I still say to test them. 1 is bad and another is funky so we install some 2.0L injectors (Blairs) cuz they are laying around.

In the meantime I have changed the oil, installed new CV washers and torqed the bolts, welded the engine lid hinge cuz it cracked etc...

Rich switches out the injectors, testing as he goes until all 4 are working (still in his nice business clothes).
Finally Blair shows up (helps me install a new accel cable) and we test the car. Damnnn! listen to that thing run!!! Woohoo.
I tune the MPS and the engine is starting to sound sweet. Rich and Blair take off to test it out. They come back and Rich is happy as he is driving the car for sure now.
I install the LM1 on my car and drive around tuning a MPS for Pravic and checking mine. Some minor adjustments and I head home to clean the interior.

I call it quits at 10PM.

time for bed, oh crap I still have to pack some clothes for tomorrow... sad.gif

yellowsleep[1].gif
Bruce Allert
Good job Geoff. I installed the rear view mirror & took off the bent left front titty! alfred.gif

....b
Hybrid_Teener
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

SHOW US YOUR TI... PAINT!!!
dinomium
NO GEOFF! Save that for Saturday nite!
I just might be driving the big Torodor Red Ford, so if you forget anything, just call...
pete-stevers
get some sleep!!!
nite nite to you all....
Bleyseng
You can click on my blog to see some progress pics....I haven't taken any of it completed as I was too busy working on mine or RichD's.

You will see it at the WCC.
914werke
confused24.gif F'n Fuel injectors. Thanks Geoff. Steve call me when you get to Everett if'n you arent already on the road. 2066508247
Changed the oil last night, need to secure the MPS and chk air lugs exectra but
feel good that the crusie will be w/o incident. Only nit is exhaust leak but I dare not mess with unless I want to tempt Murphy.
Plan on leaveing here round 10am beerchug.gif driving.gif
dinomium
Make it work! (Timm Gunn voice)
Just hope yours does not include taps and drills!
Cya at the Monach
dtd
Jeroen
Geoff, post some pics of your car a.s.a.p!
and have a brewsky at the WCC on me beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
I have no way to post pics right now but look for WCC pics as my orange car has High Performance House across the windshield. Paint is still drying laugh.gif
redshift
ROFL! WTG Buddy! Sounds like you were a lil busy.

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.