Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Pagid Orange Brake Pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I've got some (used) Pagid Orange pads for the rear of my '74 and they don't fit the pins. On my car (and in the book) there is a big retaining pin and a small retaining pin. These pads seem to only fit the small side - similar to how a front pad would work. That being the holes in both ears are the same size.

I double and triple checked with the seller that they are for my car and in his defense in checking Pelican's site it seems all the 914's use the same rear pad.

Any ideas?

WTF.gif

-Aaron
bd1308
cut a larger hole for the big pin?

b
echocanyons
I have had the same problem with a few different types of pads like ferrodo etc.

I use a file to enlarge the small hole, dont see that this would ever cause a problem doing this but it is a pain in the but.

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jul 6 2006, 10:43 PM) *

I've got some (used) Pagid Orange pads for the rear of my '74 and they don't fit the pins. On my car (and in the book) there is a big retaining pin and a small retaining pin. These pads seem to only fit the small side - similar to how a front pad would work. That being the holes in both ears are the same size.

I double and triple checked with the seller that they are for my car and in his defense in checking Pelican's site it seems all the 914's use the same rear pad.

Any ideas?

WTF.gif

-Aaron

yeahmag
Is it not odd that the previous guy apparently didn't have this problem? Are there different rear calipers out there for our cars?

-Aaron
echocanyons
I think the pads (not the calipers) cross reference to a VW bus.

Yes, I agree that is strange but it may be possible that he was using two small pins on each caliper with enough resistence from the clip so they didn't move.

FWIW
The PET and Porsche classic show only one rear L and one rear R caliper for the /4.
They do show two different part numbers for the pins suggesting different sizes.
This doesnt mean that the other caliper # couldn't have been supraceded. I wouldn't think they would change it just for the pin diameter.

I am surely not an expert on the stock rear brakes maybe Eric Shea would know for sure.

Aaron Cox
i have heard you need to oblong the hole.....
yeahmag
OK. Got one of four filed to fit (by hand). Time to buy a dremel bit...

Thanks!

-Aaron
anthony
Wear a mask. Don't breath that stuff.
So.Cal.914
Carbide bit and a Dremel, 5 minutes.
Van914
Yes, you have to enlarge the hole. Just drill it out. I have used these pads for years and they are great on the track. A little squicky at times and a lot of brake dust. I have new sets of front and rears for a 914-4 for sale if anyone is interested. I changed calipers and can't use them any more. $90 a set shipped.
Thanks
Van
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.