Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweet Ebay V8 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
This is one sharp car I do not know seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
tdgray
Not bad... needs some attention to the details.

Wouldn't be a bad buy if it goes for the right price.

Not sure about the wheels though dry.gif kinda strange lookin four lug setup.
nocones
Not too fond of the honda wheels.
Where's the radiator?
No detail shots of chassis problem areas.
Risky.
rhodyguy
how does one squeeze approx 379hp out of a punched out 283? ZOIKS!!!

k
BMartin914
I've seen this car. Talked with the seller about and drove a 74 1.8 he was selling 2 years ago.

At that time this car had fresh (tacky) paint - that is all I know about it. When I looked at his 1.8 he had 2 V8 conversions. This was the one he was most proud of.

I do not know how much he knows about the cars, because he is not the one who did the work, he also never drove any of the cars due to health issues - just that little Acura in the pictures because he couldn't shift the teeners.

He kept it garaged and cosmetically, it looks pretty good - all but the FWD wheels.
nomore9one4
dry.gif I actually like the wheels. they look good with the low tires and fill the wheel wells nice. confused24.gif
TravisNeff
what's up with that steel plate in the rear trunk? blink.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jul 7 2006, 08:31 AM) *

what's up with that steel plate in the rear trunk? blink.gif

It was probably cut out for more engine room smile.gif
Sammy
The wires hangling down below the dash, the carbon fibre panels inside the car, and the chevy emblem sewn into the seats all look like ass.
Other than that is seems to be a really nice car.
Brad Roberts
The plate is typically used to access the starter. 914 starters dont work very long when trying to start a V8.

I like the simple approach he took on the car. It does need some cosmetic cleanup.

I F-ing HATE the BS Pep Boys trunk paint!! Ask BillP and others about that trunk paint.. drives me NUTS.

Lower it and lose the wheels.. I'd drive it.

He gave me an idea for the front bumper:

Why not create in aluminum a "grill" that goes all the way across the fog lights (side to side) and uses the same spacing/feel/look of the OE grills? Instead of the shitty "mesh" everyone uses?

B

nine14cats
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 7 2006, 10:17 AM) *

The plate is typically used to access the starter. 914 starters dont work very long when trying to start a V8.

I like the simple approach he took on the car. It does need some cosmetic cleanup.

I F-ing HATE the BS Pep Boys trunk paint!! Ask BillP and others about that trunk paint.. drives me NUTS.

Why not create in aluminum a "grill" that goes all the way across the fog lights (side to side) and uses the same spacing/feel/look of the OE grills? Instead of the shitty "mesh" everyone uses?

B

I hate the bedliner spray! Cleaning that mess up in JLO has been the single most time consuming part of the project. And it isn't fun!

I do like the split radiator openings...a different look than the norm. And I too am thinking about how to make a radiator opening that doesn't have to use the mesh, or at least hides it...

I like the wheels..... aktion035.gif

Bill P.
turboman808
Car looks good on the outside. Needs alot of cleaning up.

Like wearing an Armani suit with dirty underwear
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 7 2006, 10:17 AM) *

B

look at 914 GT's car.... Guy used an S10 billet grille..... looks like you are talking about. just like the fogs
nine14cats
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the tip on Guy's grill. I was wondering what it came from. S10 huh? Fits with my chevy theme.

I miss Guy, too bad he doesn't hang out anymore.

Bill P.
Aaron Cox
why doesnt guy hang here?
TravisNeff
Guy hasn't posted much since last year.
914-8
I went out into the garage and gave my car a hug wub.gif after seeing that!
neo914-6
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jul 7 2006, 03:27 PM) *

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the tip on Guy's grill. I was wondering what it came from. S10 huh? Fits with my chevy theme.

I miss Guy, too bad he doesn't hang out anymore.

Bill P.

agree.gif , noticed he was gone months ago and his PM/email didn't work. DH did sell the project car...
Andyrew
Not getting 380hp with a 630 carb.

Probably a typo.. 280hp... Which seems about right for a high revving 283 with all the gizmo's.

If it were my car, I would..
strip the interior (blue is not a good color)
Get rid of the CF inserts
Replace with charcoal or black...
If the 4 lug is re drilled, leave it, if its adapters, go back to 4 year..
Clean up the front trunk, carpet=bad, Amp=bad
If the radiator exit is under the car, modify it to the wheel wells.
Put a painless wiring kit in it.
Put a freekin pedal board in it.
Solder on a top to the radiator fill.. extention... prevent air from getting in the system.
Optima battery with appropriate holder
Cut the reinforcement out of the rear engine lid.
Then change out all bushings, bearings, ect...

I could see it going for 7k... It looks like a good driver.
Dr. Roger
is there another way to attach a sway bar on a 914 other than the lower shock bolts? i think i see a sway with red poly bushings, right?

IMHO, that's a chevy starter.

a 283 with that much HP has got to be a high winder; hence the fried clutch mentioned in the details. =-)

exhaust crossovers usualy are reserved to increase low to mid torque... i wonder if that was put in after the guy drove it and realized he had to keep the RPM's up to get off the line.

i know the next engine i build will be a mid-range torque setup. not so dang high.... LOL live and learn.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jul 7 2006, 05:50 PM) *

is there another way to attach a sway bar on a 914 other than the lower shock bolts? i think i see a sway with red poly bushings, right?

a 283 with that much HP has got to be a high winder; hence the fried clutch mentioned in the details. =-)

exhaust crossovers usualy are reserved to increase low to mid torque... i wonder if that was put in after the guy drove it and realized he had to keep the RPM's up to get off the line.

i know the next engine i build will be a mid-range torque setup. not so dang high.... LOL live and learn.

poly blocks?

musy be a weltsheister.... or an old H and H bar
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 7 2006, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jul 7 2006, 05:50 PM) *

poly blocks?

musy be a weltsheister.... or an old H and H bar

yeah, thats a "ghetto fab" bar

looks like an H&H bar
BIGKAT_83
I wonder where the 380 horsepower claim comes from? Has it been on a dyno or is it just a dream. I'll bet that combo would not break 200 hp on a honest rear wheel dyno.

Bob
Andyrew
Rogger.. My I dont think that that engine will produce that much hp... Look at the quality shown.. thats not a pure race engine.. a 630 holly wont flow that much hp... AND that trani will in NO WAY hold that much hp... especially with good tires like that.

I also doubt that he's having problems with low end tq... Are you haveing low end tq problems? I got a big cam, but Im still making enough tq to light up my tires off idle...

Sway bar needs to be attached to the suspension some how... You could weld a tab to the control arm and put any sway bar with drop links on it... If your tab is strong enough and the sway bar fits.. Thats a stock style sway bar mount... And yes, those look like red poly "energy" or some off brand bushings..

PS

You got mail!
Andyrew
Bob... It depends on what heads and valvetrain he's got on it... If they support high rpm flow.. then he could have 300hp rwhp no problem... Heck I had 240rwhp and 275 tq with a holley 650 and smog (im talking really smog) heads... Then I put on fuel injection and picked up a bunch of top end and a at least 50ft tq down low..
smooth_eddy
So would the painted rubber on the bumpers flake off when they get bumped parking the car? That is the first time I have ever seen blue smurf tube used in the engine compartment of a 914. E
Andyrew
They might be fiberglass.
Rand
Anyone know anything about the cooling setup?
The radiator has to be laying down pretty far to fit like that. I assume air intake through front bumper and out the bottom? Not a lot of room for ducting and fans.
Wish there was a photo with the front trunk emptied out.
Andyrew
I believe the radiator is on the floor. with a push fan, and ducting from the bumper.
Andyrew
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2293838

HP rating is per "desktop dyno"

dflesburg
Ifin y'all notice there aint no pictures of the passenger side door gap or pictures of the battery tray side of the engine compartment....

Caviet Emptor!!!

How quick y'all turn into a bunch a city boys.... shoot even the evaporator tank on top of the gas tank is rusty... hmmm that can't be good.

BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 7 2006, 10:14 PM) *

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2293838

HP rating is per "desktop dyno"

Just like I said a dream............I'm still with less than 200 on a true rear wheel dyno.

Bob
grantsfo
Why is it that so many V8 conversion guys completely ignore suspension and brakes? If any 914 needs a totally wicked suspension and brake upgrade its a V8.

This car looks like all go not much turn or stop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.