Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ffranktly
hi all!.... im sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but the best quote i can get oklahoma to california is 710.00, which seems pretty high to me. could one of you give me a company that would be dependable and cheaper?.. thanks a million!... beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
Leo Imperial
Prices have gone up. I would say that is a pretty good price. Last one i got was more than double that.
736conver
Thats seems reasonable. Most quotes I was getting for WI to CA was around 950
pfierb
QUOTE(ffranktly @ Jul 7 2006, 01:31 PM) *

hi all!.... im sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but the best quote i can get oklahoma to california is 710.00, which seems pretty high to me. could one of you give me a company that would be dependable and cheaper?.. thanks a million!... beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif

My experience with shippers leads me to say that there is no such thing as dependable and cheap.....cheap is cheap ....I don't want to go into the story of my last episode with an inexpensive trucker but I can tell you that the 350mile trip took 7 days and the Alfa Spyder had oil and anti-freeze from the car above it all over the new top. Trust me use a good company check references and ask for an ETA.
ffranktly
Thanks for the responses guys!... .really appreciate the help... im choosing Dependable Auto Movers. i used them before, and they were very good and kept me in the loop as to where the car was. And they sent me a 695 estimate today, since i had used them before. that is door-to-door service, so after what you have told me, it sounds pretty reasonable.

Sewing up the deal for Joseph Mills' 914 tomorrow morning. I know he is well-respected and just liked by all that know him from this forum. Haven't met him yet, but he sounds like a real keeper!.. clap56.gif I know that he has been all over that car for 3 years, as the first thing that i did was to follow his 3 year progression with "Sparky", and i feel like i know the car as well now. So you all don't know me yet, as i work all the time, but i will hopefully get in the 914 loop as time goes by. I will take very good care of her!.. cheers!!.. frank beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
If you mean DAS then you will be in good hands. I shipped two cars across country last year with them and was satisfied.
ffranktly
[quote name='Dr Evil' date='Jul 7 2006, 11:56 PM' post='722544']
If you mean DAS then you will be in good hands. I shipped two cars across country last year with them and was satisfied.

y'know Dr. Evil, i think it may be Dependable Auto Shippers, and see that you used to live in Emeryville. im in the process of going through escrow on a new loft on Adeliene st. Cheers! boldblue.gif
tod914
I would try Intercity over DAS. Had a problem with DAS in the past and would never use them again.
Joe Bob
$925 for me from Wisconsin....I'm using DAS. Gets picked up next week.
Dr Evil
Frank, I lived in Emeryville back in 96.....on 49th and San Pablo which was real convenient if you were into crack and hookers blink.gif rolleyes.gif

There were much better places to live there, though. I was just poor biggrin.gif

As for DAS, last July when I moved out here to PA I used them from San Diego on two cars.

$700 each. I would always recommend taking a camera and pics of the car when you drop it off if you are concerned. That way you can show before they goofed it up if that happens. Just make sure to get a few pics with the building, people, something to show where and when it was and with whom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.