Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ax
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
I fergot....ORPCA AX, pro pits...I think...at PIR.
Sunday morning Oct 12. Last one this year...cept for Rainbonnet.

The weather report changes every 10 minutes confused24.gif
double-a
i'm right across the river in vancouver, i might drop by. what time does it start/end?
Porsche Rescue
Be there well before 9am so you can get across the track. If it is in the pro pits you must get to the infield before the track action starts and must stay until the lunch break. That is usually about 12:30. Drive to the middle of the front straight where there is a gate to allow crossing the track. Do not pay at the track entrance gate. Tell them you are there for the AX. You then pay $21 to participate when you register at the PCA tent. Spectators are free and can walk in and out over the Goodyear bridge. I won't make it this Sunday so you can take my place (unfortunately, lately that has been last place!!).
Bruce Allert
Jim, you just gotta put yer foot in it & don't take it off till yer outta control laugh.gif
Sorry Jim, wished you were gonna be there. I just got the 110# springs on & the rear sway bar. Anxious to see what's gonna happen this time cool.gif
Hey Double A come on out & introduce yer self. I'll be in punkin.
bruce
Bruce Allert
Dam dam dam looks like rain mad.gif
Time to do the dance dance.gif
& pray No Rain pray.gif No Rain No Rain pray.gif No Rain No Rain pray.gif No Rain No Rain No Rain pray.gif No Rain No Rain No Rain No Rain pray.gif
bruce dance.gif
seanery
teeners are good in the rain.
Part Pricer
We have our last points event of the season tomorrow as well. The forecast calls for:
IPB Image Few Showers IPB Image

I think that means it's only going to rain just before my runs. MDB2.gif
double-a
well, i don't think i'll be able to get to pir tomorrow. the mrs. just informed me that we have a posse of family coming in from longview and winatchee for lunch after church.

sooo... depending on how long you all stay and chat after the race, i might or might not be able to swing by. it's only a 10 minute drive from my house.

is there a schedule for these things? i guess i need to send in my pca membership, eh?
Porsche Rescue
Membership not required. If you just want to stop by and watch/visit come anytime from 8 to noon. Park and walk over the Goodyear bridge to the infield.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Oct 11 2003, 07:40 AM)
Dam dam dam looks like rain

the last RTR AX of the season - and the first one i can possibly attend - is the 19th.

new Yoko ES100's finally transferred the drilled rotors from the 914.6 to the 911 and got 'em bedded in real good - i'm HOPING for rain! i'm expecting a competitive advantage !
Part Pricer
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Oct 11 2003, 11:39 AM)
the last RTR AX of the season - and the first one i can possibly attend - is the 19th.

That's the old Acme lot.

It's been a while since I've been down there, but I hope that you've got good ground clearance. I remember it being very bumpy and the surface very rough.

The forecast calls for a clear day though. Hmmm...
J P Stein
Rain or no, I gotta go.....humm, poetry rolleyes.gif

Mr.2 has been itchin' to get out to an AX. I'm all thru with sloshocross with the ulf. 58 deg & showers. Mr.2 has a heater....and a CD player to listen to as we cruise the course.

This is really gonna suck. icon8.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Oct 11 2003, 09:52 AM)
That's the old Acme lot.

It's been a while since I've been down there, but I hope that you've got good ground clearance. I remember it being very bumpy and the surface very rough.

The forecast calls for a clear day though. Hmmm...

i have to re-check the directions on the website, but since i've never been there, i have no idea what it used to be :-) ... i have no expectations, it's just a fun time to slide around and practice close-to-the-limit. the plan is to completely change the suspension this winter so it's not as if i'll be learning anything i can really carry over to next season...

the car -probably- has stock suspension but it's hard to tell that means for a converted hydropneumatic E; it used to mean "whatever torsion bars we've got lying around after we uprated the 911T, or from when that guy in the S decided to go racing..." (but, hopefully, not one of each !)

so - no antiroll bars, i think KYB dampers from and back, who-knows-what torsion bars... feels pretty well sorted on the street tho... i'm keeping the KYB's for now just for the roll resistance - they'll get replaced with Bilsteins this winter ...

it's just for fun, and to get to know some of the more active members in the Region.

the car's -probably- classifiable in a class where it'd be decently competitive (by virtue of the fact that there are no others in its class) but if i catch heat for the too-wide tires i'll just put the car in whatever zippy-go-fast class is at the top of the modification charts. i usually class the car there when i'm doing a full season, 'cause there are no silly protests in the class where everything is legal ! i won't be competitive, but it'd be pretty presumptious for me to think i'd be competitive in a new-to-me car on untried suspension, so the first year, what does it matter ?
J P Stein
Oh, joy.....
Rain AND wind......this is *really* gonna suck. icon8.gif
Oh well, me & mr.2 are off to whuup some Porsche booty laugh.gif

Hay, I get a new car today.....film at eleven.
Part Pricer
I just got in from our AX. What a miserable, miserable day. If rained all day. Never hard, just constant enough to make it...well, miserable. sad.gif

It seems like I spent all day with either my driver or passenger door leading the way around the course. It's kinda fun to slide the car around, but it doesn't help the times. I did get better with each run, with my last run being my best.

MDB2.gif

Oh well. There's always next year.
Bruce Allert
Yup! wind & rain & then it'd quit & give us hope but then hopes were dashed with the next gust of wet wind. I did have fun tho smile.gif Driving to the track I tried a few corners and the rear slid like it was on slug slime unsure.gif Then I figured it was the rear sway bar doing it. After I went thru the cones a few times I realized it was handling better than the last time I was AXing in the rain. First run to feel out the car & course was 52 secs. second to the last run was 40.sumthin. I think someone had a top time of around 35ish. Slosh O'cross was fun today as it usually is beerchug.gif

bruce
J P Stein
I spent more time sideways than straight.

Mr.2 is an evil SOB. Turbos & rain bring out the worst in it. If you feather foot it, your slow. Hard OTG, when the boost comes up, you go sideways.....corner or straight, doan matter. The ABS is gud.

I spent 8 runs trying to find a good balance. Still I got beat by a stock 914.
Bruce Allert
There was only one other teener out there & he had 2 secs. better'n me. wink.gif but din't cha have fun??? beer.gif
bruce
J P Stein
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Oct 12 2003, 05:24 PM)
but din't cha have fun??? beer.gif
bruce

You betcha'.
I specially enjoyed laying on the asphalt in a driving rain, digging a cone out from under mr.2. Only took 3-4 minutes and a couple knuckles....and that was my first run. mad.gif

Once I was gud & wet, my disposition improved tremendously finger.gif
Bruce Allert
Dedication & Priorities clap56.gif
Dedication & Priorities beerchug.gif

bruce mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.