Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 spotting in Scotch Plains, NJ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
heifetz
I saw a red 914 driving on my street tonight in Scotch Plains, NJ . I was wondering who it was and if you live around here.
turboman808
Wasn't me but I lived in Scotch Plains for a year when I was a kid. Like 86 or 87
tod914
Be interesting to see how many Jersey 914s are around. We should do a roll call smile.gif and maybe a fun run if there's enough interest. I've seen two locally in Pompton Plains. Was kind of surprised. A red one and a white one. There's a mint green 6 in Montville, still have to check it out sometime. They seem to keep popping up.
heifetz
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 7 2006, 06:42 PM) *

Be interesting to see how many Jersey 914s are around. We should do a roll call smile.gif and maybe a fun run if there's enough interest. I've seen two locally in Pompton Plains. Was kind of surprised. A red one and a white one. There's a mint green 6 in Montville, still have to check it out sometime. They seem to keep popping up.

Count me in. Also, I wouldn't mind knowing someone in the area who could give me some advice and some pointers... and maybe some help once in a while.... biggrin.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 7 2006, 06:42 PM) *

You mean like we did last weekend biggrin.gif
ptravnic
Yeah, what turboman said. We've got a lil bit of momentum going on Metro NYC get togethers (I think we've had like 3 in the past month). Keep an eye out for the following people posting about this:

nycchef
rmital
turboman808
I_love_porsche
ptravnic
tod914
I'll have to hook up with you guys next get together. About 3 years one of the 911 guys on the PP site organized a fun run along the hudson river. We met up at bear mt. by the monument. Great scenic drive with lots of twistys, then we grabbed a bite to eat. Maybe good to do again in the fall.
ptravnic
That is truly a great run. The run through Harriman State Park up there is pretty good too... That area is beautiful and the roads beg for high RPM's in 3rd gear...

-pt
turboman808
I have never raced a car thru Harriamn. But there are some crazy roads you can get going 50mph on a bicycle riding thru twisties. Past many motorcycles on these roads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.