Full Version: Completely off topic but might make you laugh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I have ran marathons
I've run ultra marathons
I've ridden a bicycle non stop across PA
I'm an avid trail runner and wanna be free runner
Hell I've done several Ironmans

So how the hell did I just twist my ankle to were I can't walk on a goddam earing in a night club blink.gif

Think I will be laid up for a few days. dam this hurts mad.gif
Rand
You shoulda seen me today.

I'm an old school skater.

Now I'm old (40 or so)

My son is 12.

Today I'm the cool dad who takes the son and his bud to the skate park.

Hey, wow, look at dad!! Carving the bowl, grinding the lip, YEAH, that MY Dad!!!

Then dad catches air on the table top. And layed out flat..... the first thing that hits the concrete is... the thigh.... except the cell phone is in that pocket of the cargo shorts. So first impact bruises the biggest muscle in the body.

The next thing that hits is..... the head. Which slaps pretty hard against the concrete.... I'm wearing sunglasses at the time... And the *cut* above my left eye matches the curve of the glasses ever so precisely. Yeah. Ouch.

After slapping my freaking skull against the concrete I think (in a matter of a few seconds)..... Am I still alive? Crap, am I going to need medical attention? Is my skull still in one piece? Do I need to call 911? Ok..... I think I'm alive. Ok.... What's that feeling of stuff running down the side of my head.. yeah, it's blood. Ok, it coming pretty steady. Ok, wipe and walk towards the restrooms.... you know, casually.... just keep wiping so as to not draw attention with the blood running down the side of your head!!! DOH... ok, keep wiping, and walking... made it to the restroom....

Wash it off with water, stop it up with a nice wad of toilet paper.

Yeah, got it stopped up.

Put the sunglasses back on, put the baseball cap back on, waltz back as if nuthin' happened.

I'm cool. Visited lots of people, all is good.

Get back home..... yeah, ok, my drama is over. Got one hell of a nasty charlie horse in my left thigh, and looking forward to a nice scar over my left eye.

Good times.

Ok, this is the garage and I don't normally do the story drama thing, but I guess this topic and my day invited this one.............

redshift
pinch.gif OUCHHHHHHHH!

Yeah, I lost a piece of my leg earlier this year, fighting with that 50 year old A/C trunkline.... to the bone, and near 3 inches long... glork..

M
rjames
Rand- glad to hear you're ok, but wear a helmet! I hope your son is wearing one when he's skating. I'm a big cyclist, and I'm amazed at how many parents I see out with their kids not wearing helmets. Usually the kids are wearing them, but the parents aren't. It always leads me to believe that the kids are taking them off as soon as mom and dad aren't around and thinking that if mom and dad don't have to wear one, why do we?

I race road bikes, and have raced mtn bikes and done some downhilling as well, yet the first time I've crashed big in years was the other day on the Burke Gillman trail. I turned my head to look at a house that caught my eye real quick and the next thing I know I hit a rock in the middle of the trail and then I'm sliding on the ground towards a post and my head hits it hard. Cracked the helmet, but got up not feeling a thing.

Sorry to sound preachy, but head injuries are not a good thing and sooo easy to prevent!

That being said, I think it's way cool that you're out with your son at the skate park showin' him some moves! aktion035.gif

So.Cal.914
You guys need some "boy in a bubble" action. Unless you live on a hill. biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
Sorry about hijacked.gif Yikes Rand, sounds painfull... 40 and still skating? I gave that up when I reached 35.Will be forty in October....

I agree with Rjames, wear a helmet man.. My 12 year old spent a week in ICU because he thought he was made of steel. Scared the SHEET out of his mother and I. Never want to experience that again....
So put your feet up and have a cold one.. beer3.gif
ptravnic
turboman -

must be near impossible to drive the 914 w/a bum ankle? Bummer...

turboman808
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jul 8 2006, 02:45 PM) *

turboman -

must be near impossible to drive the 914 w/a bum ankle? Bummer...

Naw wouldn't even try. Plus I got it up on jack stands at the moment. Wheels are being painted. Not the pretty fuchs but some twist knockoffs. Though they should be black.

This is the second time in a year I have been put out of comission. Last time was december and I was running some icy catskill trails. I felt and the way I landed my femur split a muscle I guess you could say. By myself in the freezing cold and I went into shock. And I still had to hoble 2 more miles to get to my car. biggrin.gif
ptravnic
dude, maybe think about a new hobby, maybe fingerpainting or crossword puzzles...

what kind of wheels are you having painted? I've had a couple sets of wheels bead blasted and clear coated - they turned out well.

Good stuff - I'll prob meet up w/ya soon @ one of the wrenching gigs.

-pt
turboman808
17 inch turbo twist. I got them real cheap with tires on them already. I hate to take the tires off to powder coat them so I will wait til they are completely toasted.

But I would like a real nice set of racing 3 peice wheels at some time piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.