Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are the coveted parts on 914's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
I know from restoring cars in the past, there are always the HARD to find parts.. where even crappy one's on ebay bring alot of money. What's the HARD resto parts to find for a '74 2.0?

Trim pieces? interior parts? drivetrain, engine, etc etc etc...

Thanks. Looking forward to starting a new resto project.
gregrobbins
Pretty much anything without rust. biggrin.gif

That, and the seal between the windshield and targa top/door vent windows.
BMXerror
Origional injection pieces that still work. Although they don't always bring a lot of money because people are willing to get rid of the trouble of injection for the trouble of carbs.
Mark
Andyrew
Any interior part thats not plastic that is in perfect condition, perfect bumpers, good brakes go for money, sway bars go for money, a good engine, and a good trani will as well, and front and side glass thats perfect go for money..

JeffBowlsby
Rear targa bar top interior pad
MPS, AAR, AFM and other misc FI parts
2.0l heat exchangers and muffler and muff hanger
Stock shift knob
Dashboard pad
Fuse box cover
Speaker boxes
OEM windshield, windshield trim
Interior cabin light
US tailight lenses
Silver metal engine grille letters
Tool kit

There are more...
lapuwali
The injection pieces are all pretty well available used. I've got one complete 1.7 setup, one nearly complete 1.7 setup, and a nearly complete 2.0 setup, and none of those cost all that much. $100 per set is pretty typical. And yes, in most cases, the PO has gone to carbs.

Several of the seals are hard to impossible to get, and used rubber bits are generally not worth bothering with, so those are near the top of the list. Those parts that are available are expensive. Like new rubber bumper tops for the chrome bumpers probably top this list.

HeloMech
Wow, awesome information. I just went through the 914 section of pelican parts. Seems they have quite alot of stuff. I don't live far from another place I've heard about. Tweaks I think it's called. I'll be checking into them next and see what they have available. Starting a project... expecting to put the owners kid through college and a larger store room out back of their shop. smile.gif
ptravnic
For what its worth, Pelican Parts is, in my humble opinion, the best. I'll use the others when necessary but Pelican has always been on top of their game (I've been using them for the good part of 5+ years).

-pt
type47
2 liter heads
2 liter engine tin
manifold pressure sensors
targa trim
sportomatic transmissions rolleyes.gif
air conditioning system parts happy11.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jul 8 2006, 02:49 PM) *

Origional injection pieces that still work. Although they don't always bring a lot of money because people are willing to get rid of the trouble of injection for the trouble of carbs.
Mark

What trouble?
BigDBass
another place I've heard about. Tweaks I think it's called.

Tweaks is no longer selling Porsche parts from what I understand. sad.gif
anthony
Wasn't Tweeks bought my someone - Mid America I think?

Note that none of the parts mentioned are rare in crappy condition. Those are everywhere and ususally given away or thrown away. Stuff that is in good driver condtion sells. Stuff that is in mint condition commands the highest prices.
Lou W
Front Targa Seal. sad.gif

Oh yah, 5 lug Mahles.
J P Stein
Dash boards....sans cracks.
Sunvisors & their hangers.
Nice chrome bumpers.....the early 6 chrome rear bumpers are gold.
Nice center consoles.
Any 6 conversion part
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.