Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plug Wire - what to use
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
Mallory Unilite and HYFIRE ignition box installed. Need to replace my crappy plug wires.

But before I buy a pricey kit, I thought I'd see what other alternatives there are.

A friend has given me some wire, labled: "belden high temp 7mm metallic cable 97"

It has 5 strands in it. Mallory says to not use solid core wire, only spiral wound.

My friend says it's okay to use this belden wire as long as I use my original plug ends (that have a resistor/capacitor built-in?).

Both attaching ends (which screw on), of my plug wires are in fine shape - it's just the wire that is toast.

Can I use this Belden - and if not, any specific recommendations (including source).

ThanX
ChrisReale
I like magnecore wires...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(joseph222 @ Oct 10 2003, 02:16 PM)
Can I use this Belden - and if not, any specific recommendations (including source).

another vote for MagneCor.
they work, they fit, and their prices are reasonable.

you can probably find source information right here on the site if you search for 'MagneCor' - this thread has come up before...
KenH
Three for Magnacore.

Ken
seanery
4 for 'em
Lotus914
BTW, I have the unilite and Hyfire VI-AL. Works fine, contact me when you are gatting ready to do your tach and I'll save you a ton of aggravation. Wires.. I bought an Accell Universal V8 set, and I'll use the other half for my next car. I'm not sure I like them as the boots don't have a sense of positive engagement with the plugs.
BTW, you can get the plug wire/engine tin air seals from VW aftermaket guys. They are easy to install on the boots if you soften them first by tossing them in a mug of freshly boiled water.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.