Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914-4S concourse d'elegance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
How not to store your concourse car
blue tarp and yellow in background is a 52? MG TD(not a Kitcar) wasting away
ws91420
Looks more like a 75 or 76 from the bumpers.
sixnotfour
Sad Sad Sight,
No its not for sale , the owner wants her son to have it.
BMartin914
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jul 9 2006, 11:38 AM) *

Those are not the big black bumpers.
porschecb
I hope his son knows and has the disire to start and finish this project. If not it should be sold. popcorn[1].gif
gregrobbins
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jul 9 2006, 12:38 PM) *

Front and rear bumper tits, a '74.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif 74
Rrrockhound
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 9 2006, 03:38 PM) *

Sad Sad Sight,

Did anyone else get a cold chill when they read that? Is that her son in the background of the one picture, looking totally disinterested? Someone must save this car!
john grier
agree.gif
Someone should save this one!
All and all it does not look to be in
that bad of shape.
But for someone just learning to
drive, if that is him,
this would be a nitemare.
He would want something to
get in and drive to where
ever he wants to go. type.gif
ptravnic
You are all missing the point:

The owner hates his/her son and wants to punish him...

biggrin.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(Rrrockhound @ Jul 9 2006, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 9 2006, 03:38 PM) *

Sad Sad Sight,

Did anyone else get a cold chill when they read that? Is that her son in the background of the one picture, looking totally disinterested? Someone must save this car!

agree.gif

scotty b
Make a collage of the werst wrecked 914's you can find. Show her the pics and ask her " Is this really what you want your son to drive m'am?" She will give you the car. You will take the car home to "get it running" and in 5-7 years you will actually get to drive it. clap56.gif Problem ..........solved??
scotty b
I just noticed the windows are down. Is it being left like that or did they just put them down?? I heard the old "nah I'm gonna restore that thing " so many times and 2-3 years later the cars are either still sitting there or long gone. Dopes
sixnotfour
Update , you are all correct , the kid has no interset in his mom's vision,
unfortunately this car may be to infested. the aluminum ID tag and trunk hood inner structure is vanished due to the acidity of the mice confines of the trunk.they ate every fuse too. Nasty barf.gif
Car is sittin in a school parking lot , husband /dad says no way is that gonna be at the house.
914werke
Howd you come accross this one Jeff?
Bleyseng
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 9 2006, 04:55 PM) *

I just noticed the windows are down. Is it being left like that or did they just put them down?? I heard the old "nah I'm gonna restore that thing " so many times and 2-3 years later the cars are either still sitting there or long gone. Dopes

Ain't that the truth! I run across 914's sitting outside undertrees that the owners proudly say "I have a Porsche, someday I will do a resto on it". One recently sold on Ebay for $750 as I said I would haul it away for free. Really rusty that one was.

So whats the story Jeff??

How rusty is the tub?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.