Full Version: game over - Italy is FIFA World Champion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
for being a final game it was quite entertaining IMHO

equal after standard time (1:1),
equal after extra time (1:1),
decision with penalty series - 5:4

Congratulations to Italy smilie_pokal.gif
(my brother's wife and their little son are Italien)

wavey.gif Gustl
type47
and tiger woods just made 4 birdies in a row.....
Jacco
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 9 2006, 12:52 PM) *

for being a final game it was quite entertaining IMHO

yup agree.gif
at first i was kind of in favour for the frenchies, but after the great act of un fair play in the shape of a head butt of Zidane my preference switched to Italy, glad they won. chair.gif

beerchug.gif

Jacco
Eric_Shea
How bout that head butt... WTF.gif

The guy "HAD" to give him the red card. Last game of his career... duh! wacko.gif
hcdmueller
Thank god the Italians won. I don't think my neighbors would be in a good mood if the French had won. Hopefully things will quiet down before I need to go to bed. I thought honking horns was against the law in villages. blink.gif

Good game though.
TonyAKAVW
At the beginning I was not too much in favor of one team or the other. I wanted Italy to win, but it wasn't a BIG deal for me. I didn't think it was the most exciting of the games played, but there were some nice moments. Zidane's head butt was stunning. The guy was absolutely on top of his game, probably jsuta bout a antinoal hero in France, and widely considered among the best players around. Then in his final moment all of that is marred by a totally classless act. What a shame for him and for France.

-Tony
MBowman325
I looked away for a second talking to someone else while watching the game, so I missed the initial headbutt, but caught it on replay. Gotta admitt, whatever was said, hope it was worth it because that was a pretty lousy thing to do. Sorta amusing though. A guy with us, who's not a big soccer fan thought it was the greatest thing he'd ever seen in a soccer game. Still, it was unexpected and a poor choice.

I think the Germany Portugal game Saturday was a better played game myself, but once Italy and France settled into a groove, it was a pretty good game. I was hoping for a clean win that didn't come to PKs though.
Joe Bob
Who woulda thunk....fighting in a soccer game. Nice shot....wonder what the guy said to set him off?
MBowman325
QUOTE("Z" @ Jul 9 2006, 06:33 PM) *

Who woulda thunk....fighting in a soccer game. Nice shot....wonder what the guy said to set him off?

drunk.gif
Used to seeing/hearing about fighting in the stands and riots at home instead of on the field.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.