Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tail cover gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
itsaporsche914
is it best to use a cement with the gasket or just gasket alone. replacing broken tail cover (ear)
BMartin914
Did you measure the thickness of the old gasket(s)?

It would be recommended to replace it with (a) new gasket(s) of the same thickness. They can differ from transaxle to transaxle.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Jul 9 2006, 04:33 PM) *

It would be recommended to replace it with (a) new gasket(s) of the same thickness. They can differ from transaxle to transaxle.

rrrr wrong. (close tho)

that is for the intermediate plate gaskets (other side of the plate) as they set pinion depth....
there is only one gasket for the rear housing....

use a NEW gasket and no sealent.
itsaporsche914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 9 2006, 05:43 PM) *

rrrr wrong. (close tho)

that is for the intermediate plate gaskets (other side of the plate) as they set pinion depth....

great, thanks did it worked super biggrin.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 9 2006, 04:43 PM) *

rrrr wrong. (close tho)

AA is correct. Touche'.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Hey, I did the exact same thing 3 weeks ago (both mounting ears broken). Bought a complete $25 gasket set for just ONE gasket WTF.gif Now I have every gasket needed except the tail collecting dust and metal filings on the workbench. rolleyes.gif
brant
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jul 9 2006, 08:46 PM) *

Hey, I did the exact same thing 3 weeks ago (both mounting ears broken). Bought a complete $25 gasket set for just ONE gasket WTF.gif Now I have every gasket needed except the tail collecting dust and metal filings on the workbench. rolleyes.gif

Toby,

sell me that partial gasket kit.
I'm in need of the rest of the set to do some tranny work soon.

brant
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 9 2006, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jul 9 2006, 08:46 PM) *

Toby,

sell me that partial gasket kit.
I'm in need of the rest of the set to do some tranny work soon.

brant

PM sent.
Aaron Cox
second dibs if brant doesnt want it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.