Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First garage work for me...and update on the anniversary saga
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mamacita
I actually feel more like a 914 owner now. I worked with John to install the rear view mirror and the sun visors. I ended up removing the sun visors after I finished installing the mirror because with the 911 seats, we're up too high for the stock sun visors.

I really enjoyed it & think I'm going to really love learning how to do mechanical stuff (never had an interest before).

I also did some trouble shooting last night & figured out what part we needed (ignition switch) and then poured over online catalogs until I found the part. I didn't even know the name of it so I could simplify the search...I just did the whole trial & error method. smile.gif

Ok...now for the long-awaited answer to the "what do I get him for the anniversary since he got me a 914..."

Many of you suggested getting him a matching one...and there were lots of other great (and some funny) suggestions, too. We made a deal today & he's going on the road to inspect a 914 on Wednesday. If it looks like it's as good a car as it sounds like, he'll be towing it home (it has tight suspension, so a 6 hour drive in it doesn't sound appealing).

Funny thing. It is a matching car. It's white just like mine. It is a Chevy V8, though & is constantly bugging me about having more power. Sounds like I have ground to ask for some additional doodads for my car to make up for it, eh?

YAY...we'll have bookend cars in our garage & I won't have the only 914 in Birmingham.

Stacie
Thrilled to feel like a REAL 914 owner.
Dr Evil
Ha, your both 914 junkies!

For parts, to save some dough, and to help support our habbits, check out the classifieds here and the resources section for things for your car that you didn't even know you wanted/needed yet! happy11.gif

Joe Bob
His and her matching jack stands....
Dr Evil
Ooo, ooo the chrome ones smilie_pokal.gif
Mamacita
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 9 2006, 09:39 PM) *

Ha, your both 914 junkies!

For parts, to save some dough, and to help support our habbits, check out the classifieds here and the resources section for things for your car that you didn't even know you wanted/needed yet! happy11.gif

That's exactly what I'm afraid of...things I didn't know I needed or wanted.

As a matter of fact we went to Harbor Freight and bought jack stands and a floor jack...just for fun.

Yep, we're hooked.
Stacie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.