Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black 914-6 On e-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris H.
Here's one of those "estate sale" cars that has been sitting for 10 years. Anyone go look at it? Wasn't someone looking for an original black 6?

Black 6
Malmz
Hmmm, I'm close to Granada Hills. I might have to go take a look.

Too bad the Ebay bidders will probably bid this up to unrealistic numbers... Looks like it needs a bunch of TLC.

sm
Malmz
I emailed to seller to go look at the car.

...more later.
Malmz
Update. The guy emailed me back. The car is at a Mechanics shop which is closed this weekend. It won't be able to be viewed until Tuesday. I should be in the area Tuesday to check it out prior (I think) to the auction end.

IMHO, the bidding is already too high for 4 days of auction left and a car that nobody has personally seen which has some sort of front end repairs that can be visually seen by a third party.

sm
Brad Roberts
I bet it has been 'clipped' like the yellow car I have now.

B
tod914
I seen that car in 1998. The owner is a 914 nut. He owns quite a few. Real nice guy.
The car was kind of rough, but fired right up.
I didn't go over it very carefully do to the fact it wasnt was I was looking for. Sean also knows the car. You can ask him for more details if your interested in it.
seanery
I drove this car a couple years ago, haha, tod had to remind me. I didn't look at the pics. The guy IS a 914nut he has all sorts of stock and funky modified cars. This car is rough. It smokes like a waitress in a truck stop diner. It needs a full resto. To me it's worth about 4 or 5 k. He had the car listed at 10k at the time. I offered him a low, low price that he didn't take.

It's well above it's value already.
anthony
Which sucks. I've been looking for a black six. Last night the high bidder was "a914luvr". Isn't that Glenn Sager?

Malmz, can you bring a digital camera when you go check it out and take a bunch of better pics? I'd really appreciate it.
boxstr
Was this black 6 for sale at auction recently ( 10/04/03) in west hollywood. R L Spears auctions. I posted about an ad in the LA Times for a bunch of Porsches and one was a black 914-6?
CCLIN??VILLE
anthony
Anyone have a chance to look at this car?
Malmz
Guy didn't call me back this morning. I'll try to try him tomorrow morning.

sm
Chris H.
FYI the auction ends at noon California time tomorrow.
anthony
Don't kill yourself to take a look at this one. I'd so love to find an original black six but it seems like this one is already bid up over what it's worth.
redshift
Those are hard to come by.

M
vortrex
$9k for that car, are people nuts??
redshift
ohmy.gif

Are you kidding?

It's 2003, and you are on a 914 board. blink.gif

Get a grip! Welcome to nuttsville, buddy!

beerchug.gif

M
ppickerell
The adriatic blue 6 on ebay will go 15K I BET.
pATRICK
seanery
I hope whoever is the high bidder on this goes over the car before money changes hands.
It's not worth it.
I saw this car and drove it three years ago and it wasn't worth it then. I knew less about them then, too!
Chris H.
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Oct 14 2003, 08:00 PM)
The adriatic blue 6 on ebay will go 15K I BET.
pATRICK

$15K would be a great deal for the Adriatic 6 don't you think? It looks very clean and well kept.

Then again I live in the rust belt....everything looks good...
anthony
Those are hard to come by.

True but that car needs like *everything* refurbished. Instead of buying that chassis (currently 9K) I'd rather do a conversion. I could find a super clean 70-73 1.7 and put a world class paint job on it for $9K.
Jeffs9146
True but that car needs like *everything* refurbished.

Yea, what he said agree.gif

I got mine for 7K and the interior is in better shape! OK, I do have to replace the trailing arm but I have been driving it daily!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.