Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping Wheels and Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
Other that Greyhound, what are some options available for shipping a set of wheels with tires mounted? Would UPS or FedEx ship them? Any experiences doing this? Looking for members' ideas. Thanks
scotty b
UPS will do it but it is not cheap. I had a set of C2 turbo's shipped from Ca. to Va. with tires mounted and it cost me around 200.00 It was only werth it because I got the wheels dirt cheap! I also shipped 2 wheels to Pa last year at a cost of 40.00 a piece ( no tires on these) If I have to ship wheels again I'll shop around first
Dr. Roger
IMHO,

Greyhound.
Price and serivce are great.
spare time toys
Have sent fedex next day air but nee to let the air out of them. Not for the faint of heart if you dont get a discount. If not go Greyhound clap56.gif
Dr Evil
FedEx has been the best for me with shipping big or heavy items. You need ot play around with the sizes and weights to see. It may be cheaper to send them individually.

For example:
When I was moving I had a bunch of my buddy Red-beards stuf fin my shack that went to his car. Like a muffler, AC bracket and other really heavy ods and ends. I got a box, put all of the sh....I mean stuff inside, and shipped it form CA to TX for $40. Box size was 20x24x40" IIRC, YMMV
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.