Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm done!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I'm giving up, I am selling my last 914 and giving them up, I started this long journey as a VW guy and will be going back to VW's. This is the best forum I have ever been part of, it is better then any other. I will still be checking it once in awhile and may one day get back into the game. My next post will be in the classifieds.

See yah! beerchug.gif
Jeroen
why?

either way... just make sure you keep checking in here!
1bad914
I have two VW projects to work and just don't have the time or drive to mess with rebuilding the motor in the 914. I can't explain it, I'm just burned out on 914's. I want a change of scenery. Thanks for asking though.
mihai914
Most of us understand, we also know that you'll be back driving.gif

Best of luck in your other projects.
balljoint
So, what you're saying is that a 914 is Not A Real Volkswagon? stan.gif
1bad914
It's a wanna be VW! blink.gif

We have a big club in town called the Balljoint! I meet my buddies on Mondays to watch Monday Night Football there. beer3.gif
BigDBass
mmm Football!

Sorry to see you go Randy. But I bet you'll be back! smile.gif
tat2dphreak
you suck! smile.gif you'll be missed man!
1bad914
Wayne you should buy this car! The engine you have works very well in it! biggrin.gif

This will be a drop and drive car, drop (or shove) a motor in it and drive!

I will probably be back one day.
tat2dphreak
that's how this project started too... then dirk wright took over... dry.gif
Tom Perso
Somewhere in the middle, some guy ripped that working engine out and ruined the whole thing... dry.gif blink.gif

Sorry Randy - You'll be back, you always have been!!!

Tom
1bad914
Shot happens!

As I'm writing this a friend is after me to take a 2.0 motor he has and rebuild it. Should I stay in the game or keep all my hair and drink less and have no ulcers, plus have no car on jack stands in the garage...???? Tough choice!
tdgray
QUOTE(1bad914 @ Jul 10 2006, 01:42 PM) *

Shot happens!

As I'm writing this a friend is after me to take a 2.0 motor he has and rebuild it. Should I stay in the game or keep all my hair and drink less and have no ulcers, plus have no car on jack stands in the garage...???? Tough choice!

Drink less blink.gif Are you kidding... NEVER beer3.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(1bad914 @ Jul 10 2006, 07:20 AM) *

It's a wanna be VW! blink.gif

We have a big club in town called the Balljoint! I meet my buddies on Mondays to watch Monday Night Football there. beer3.gif

We can do that here, just log in when the games on and we will all get drunk together seperatly drunk.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
1bad914
My point was that his ID is balljoint, but I ould be glad to get drunk together...apart!! smile.gif
Tom Perso
Why don't you just do a Subie conversion? They're not that hard.

biggrin.gif

Tom
1bad914
This is specifically for Tom Perso!!! finger.gif flipa.gif happy11.gif
Eric_Shea
Ut Oh... here's comes the I-94 Battle. Now, now Captain Crunch, play nice! w00t.gif

Hey, if it's a 914 and it's in MI it's probably pretty rare! Of course the same thing happens to VW's there in the ferric oxide belt.

Drop the car off at Tom's and let him put a Suby in it. Solves all your problems. wink.gif
1bad914
He already had it once...and ruined it! biggrin.gif Tom bought this car from me three years ago and I just bought it back a couple of months ago. Tom and I are friends, ask him if the caronjack virus is contageous! bootyshake.gif Other german cars can catch it!
Tom Perso
Went from a non-running 914 on jackstands to a running BMW on jackstands...

IPB Image

I guess it's a move forward, this one runs... smile.gif

But, it's on jackstands for a reason smile.gif

IPB Image

Ground Control Coil-overs and SA Koni's on all 4 corners.

Should give those VW 914's a good run for their money... dry.gif beerchug.gif bootyshake.gif

Tom

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.