Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are 71 and 74 dashes interchangeable?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
terrymason
Just bought a 74, and will be transfering some parts from my 71 onto it. Are the following parts interchangeable?

Dash
Rear lenses (brake and turn).
speedometer

Thanks!

Terry
mihai914

Dash

Yes if you are referring to the dash pad only, the complete dash depends if you have a center vent on the 71 vs. none on the 74

Rear lenses (brake and turn).

Yes

speedometer

Yes but calibration may be off and it's only 120 vs. the 150 MPH, not that you're going to reach that speed on the car's own power!
lapuwali
The '74 dash will have vents on the sides, where the '71 doesn't. This may not affect the top dash pad much, but it will make a big difference on the bottom dash pad, which may not fit the earlier car's metal dash underneath. If you take the whole dash (including the metal section), it MAY fit. Note that the steering columns and how they mount to the car are also not the same, so there may be some fitment problems there.
terrymason
Thanks for the answers!

Yes, I only meant the dash pad - the new one has a cap on it, and my 71 has a pretty nice dash that I will just swap in.

thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.