Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarked steering wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Anyone have a picture and prices of their favorite steering wheel. If you are from the PNW , where can one go to see new one to compare looks? Do all aftermarket steering wheels require the hub kit?
Thanks,
Tom Port Orchard, Wa.

Aaron Cox
MoMo prototipo wub.gif
lapuwali
MOMO Monte Carlo is readily available and cheap. All of the 13(ish)" wheels will block the gauges to some degree. I don't know of any aftermarket wheels that won't require a matching hub.
toon1
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 10 2006, 10:30 AM) *

MoMo prototipo wub.gif

got one of those in my car, love it! faily cheap @ $130.
turboman808
Make sure you get something really ugly and obscene so we can laugh!!! av-943.gif

I picked some out for you

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
tomamafone
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jul 10 2006, 11:10 AM) *

MoMo prototipo wub.gif

Where are you doing your shopping? Was that a 914club find?

And to add some content, I'm a huge fan of the MOMO Montecarlo. has an excellent feel to it IMHO smile.gif
szuccaro
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentDino
1970 Neun vierzehn
Click to view attachment
...or this..
Scott Carlberg
I have this OMP Quadro steering wheel. I like the flat-bottom part of it.

toon1
QUOTE(tomamafone @ Jul 10 2006, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(toon1 @ Jul 10 2006, 11:10 AM) *

MoMo prototipo wub.gif

Where are you doing your shopping? Was that a 914club find?

And to add some content, I'm a huge fan of the MOMO Montecarlo. has an excellent feel to it IMHO smile.gif

ltbmotorsports.com....... I have the flatbottom wheel works good in the tooner(pun intended). I will take a pic. tonight.
914-8
For a 914, kinda aftermarket.

IPB Image
anthony
I like the Momo race. I've been thinking that a silver one would go well with my silver car. I also like the Course, Competition, and Tuner which all look somewhat similar.
anthony
I also love the 930S wheel in my 911. I wish one could easily be fit to a 914.

anthony
Finally, the early 911 horn pad actually looks great on my stock 914 wheel. Too bad the diameter wasn't a little smaller.
Howard
Suede Momo. No slip, doesn't get hot.
turboman808
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 10 2006, 11:56 AM) *

That's pretty nice looking!!!
WRX914
Momo Race installed.

I opted for the longer adaptor. I could see a potential issue when AX'ing accidentially hitting the wiper and turnsignal arms.

jgara962
It probably depends on what your personal taste is and what you are trying to do with your car. Personally, I like to keep mine looking period correct, so I went with the Momo Prototipo driving.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 10 2006, 11:56 AM) *

i loovvvve the 930 wheel. Too bad i can't find one for less than 3 bills.
ONe of our local guys had one in his car. That car now lives in TN. smile.gif
type47fan
Racemark Raid, period correct, used by the Daytona winning 914/6 GT. . . .
Dr Evil
$110 on ebay. Tenzo from the ricer crowd adapted to a more civilized use. All leather and aluminum.

Porsche horn button was extra. Fits momo adapters perfectly.
vertigo
Have a nardi (?) wheel in my '73.
dinomium
I have a MOMO top power in mine that I really love. You can even touch it if you like!
HA!
I am just around the shipyard from you.
turboman808
QUOTE(vertigo @ Jul 10 2006, 08:06 PM) *

Have a nardi (?) wheel in my '73.

Nardi has become really popular with the japanese car crowd. Hell I got a nardi in my civic tongue.gif
Lou W
Im concerned about not being able to see the gauges with this one, so I'll probably go with the Momo Race. biggrin.gif

eg914
I like my Momo Prototipo, silver spokes, made in 1976, so just the right age for my '74 car. It blocks the outside part of the spedo and fuel gauge. The top of the tach is blocked from view by the hood on the dash, not by the steering wheel.
robby750
I have a Momo Jackie Stewart model. Bought this wheel in 1985.
RON S.
Mine is a Personal,made by Nardi.

By coincidence,its the same wheel that's on the Brumos 914-Gt that's sitting in their showroom in Jacksonville.

Ron
Tom
Thanks for all of the reply's. Lots of nice steering wheels attached to some nice 914's. Had a Racemark on my first one (70 -1.7) and the car was much more fun to drive with it.
Tom
xitspd
The one and only......MOMO Prototipo The Porsche Factory used it on my of their race cars.

Dan
msglaigaie
MOMO Prototipo. Black and black. It was on ebay under "Truck parts" so I got it for $22.00. I guess he did not know (or cared) what he had. I had to get a 914 hub and it did not have a horn button, but what the hey. Can anybody tell me where I can get a Porsche horn button?? MSG L
Dr Evil
The horn button is NLA from Momo. They stopped making them a long while ago. I got mine on Ebay about 2 years ago.
msglaigaie
Well damn. I found a momo button in the shop, I guess i will put that on till I can find a Porsche button. It just looks funny without any button at all. Thanks, I will keep an eye peeled. MSG L
pfierb
I have a MOMO "Porsche Design" wheel that I bought back in the early 1980s it's been in 3 or 4 cars that I have owned since then.....great feeling wheel.
Paul F.
ChrisFoley
I'm partial to LeCarra Wheels. I even have their quick disconnect adapter in my race car.
Thy're a bit more expensive than the others but worth every penny IMO.
mharrison
I found one I like on eBay a few years ago. It's a Ken (asian made) Prototipo knock off. Silver aluminum spokes and black laquered wood rather than leather. (It's supposedly mahogony). Looks nice with the black interior.

I had to buy a MOMO adapter and MOMO horn button. (Found the MOMO Porsche button for $40)
rickyhgarcia
Momo Prototipo...silver spokes.

Bought it at:

LTB Motorsports
772 Washburn Road #A
Melbourne, FL 32934

Also bought the 914 hub adapter...Momo P/N 8002
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.