Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery mount in race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
vintage914racer
As I read the fineprint on the race car tech info sheet for SVRA I have found that they require a "metal hold down device." For years I have used a marine battery box that is bolted down and as an extra precaution strapped to the cross member in my trunk. While it has worked great, I am not sure it will pass tech based on their wording.

So I am looking for suggestions on what to do. I don't really want to ditch the marine box, due to potential leakage, and was thinking of jury rigging a metal cross bar across the top. Unfortunately it will have to be rather basic since I am not the best fabricator. My goal is not to drill a bunch of wholes in the car. To make matters worse I need to make it tonight or tomorrow as I leave town Wed AM.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

lapuwali
One piece of angle across the top of the box, and two long bolts through holes drilled in the end. Minimal fabrication required.

Crazyhippy
I've seen dirt oval cars running long hose clamps around the battery and pass tech no problem.

Depends on the exact rule mostly.

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.