Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Grand Prix" lives again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
Just got notification from Amazon.com that my preordered two disk copy of "Grand Prix" shipped today.

"There are but 5 men in the world qualified to drive Formula One and you are one of them" av-943.gif
seanery
clap56.gif clap.gif w00t.gif clap.gif clap56.gif

sweet! I can take it off my DVR now!!!
drew365
I thought Grand Prix wasn't available on DVD. Are you saying it's just being released? What's the scoop?
seanery
OK, I just looked it up and it was officially released today....Amazon.com Link
Pat Garvey
Hope mine is right behind yours! Been waiting since the redo was first announced.

Saw it when I was 18 with a blind date (married her). My nods to Steve McQueen for his artistry, but Lemans wasn't quites as good & I really think he stole some ideas from GranPrix.

Gran Prix is worth it just to see the faces of the famous drivers who had bit parts in the movie. Many were dead within 5 years of the shooting.
rjkavanagh
Yep, I got notified today also driving.gif driving.gif
BigDBass
Yeah, mine shipped today too. Finally got my wife to watch LeMans over the last couple days too!
Flat VW
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 10 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Many were dead within 5 years of the shooting. ar15.gif

JmuRiz
It's on sale at Best Buy for $15 this week, FYI....I need to make time to run out and get it.
STL914
Target has them also for $14.99.

I called my wife just before lunch and that's exactly where I found her, shoppig at Target. So I had my wife buy my copy from Target for $4.99.

Of course she just happened to have a $10 gift card she received some time ago when she transferred a script to the Target pharmacy. biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 10 2006, 04:44 PM) *

Just got notification from Amazon.com that my preordered two disk copy of "Grand Prix" shipped today.

"There are but 5 men in the world qualified to drive Formula One and you are one of them" av-943.gif

Sorry Ron. The Commendatore said to me, "There are but 5 men in the world qualified to drive Formula One and I don't believe you are one of them". And it really hurt my feelings. biggrin.gif

Just got mine and watched it. Damn, that was fun. Haven't looked at the bonus stuff yet but worth it just for the opening credits and Monaco footage.
SLITS
Well, I don't think that was to bad considering I watched the movie when new at the ***gasp*** Cinemadome in Hollywood when it came out. They also had Jim Clark's Lotus on a pedastal outside the theatre. Those things were small and frail.

I never liked the Commendatore and wouldn't listen to him anyway so I gave you the upside. Italians give me gas. You shoulda slapped him...the fat bozo.

I watched it last night......... "Can I buy you a drink?....I don't drink. Care for a smoke?....I don't smoke. What do you do?...... wub.gif

The "extra" features are cool, especially the discussion of the freedom of the "60s" when it all started.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 16 2006, 11:11 PM) *

Well, I don't think that was to bad considering I watched the movie when new at the ***gasp*** Cinemadome in Hollywood when it came out. They also had Jim Clark's Lotus on a pedastal outside the theatre. Those things were small and frail.

I never liked the Commendatore and wouldn't listen to him anyway so I gave you the upside. Italians give me gas. You shoulda slapped him...the fat bozo.

I watched it last night......... "Can I buy you a drink?....I don't drink. Care for a smoke?....I don't smoke. What do you do?...... wub.gif

The "extra" features are cool, especially the discussion of the freedom of the "60s" when it all started.

You left out the dancing part - and what DID she do & who cares!
Played mine this past weekend w/my new Bose system - ohhh mann! Lots better than the VHS. Problem is - after 3 vodka martinis I didn't get a chance to watch past the intemission (remember those, old farts?). What the heck, another weekend approaches and I'll see the rest.

Anyone else care to come up with some great quotes from this movie?
johannes
Got my copy today from Amazon !!! This was fast ! ....

-French dubbing available (for my father, who does'nt understand english)
-French subtitles available ( for me, because my english is not that good)
-Zone 1 NTSC ... My DVD player Rocks ... zone free , My TV rocks , NTSC compatible.

Great image quality (scanned from 65 mm material)
Great sound
Great bonus features .. just found out that some bonus features are in 16/9 and other are in 4/3 blink.gif

piratenanner.gif
Toast
I enjoyed it too. clap56.gif

"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning. "
Elliot_Cannon
You saw it when you were 17? You mean 27 don't you? Wasn't that movie made in the mid sixties? av-943.gif
Elliot

SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 22 2006, 06:06 PM) *

You saw it when you were 17? You mean 27 don't you? Wasn't that movie made in the mid sixties? av-943.gif
Elliot

mad.gif slap.gif pissoff.gif boid.gif

Go sit in your little corner of the COCKpit Barney.
SLITS
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 19 2006, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 16 2006, 11:11 PM) *

Anyone else care to come up with some great quotes from this movie?

"Howie, If I had to fire one of the other drivers, would you still have taken the job?"

Camera pans to Howie. Howie is sweating at the forehead (large Juish forehead), shuffling his feet......Vell,..........

Good!
Howard
That 'large forehead' remark is crossing a line dickhead. I had a small forehead in the 60's. And Elliot doesn't sit in the cockpit anymore. He does it sideways in the back now. beerchug.gif

You gonna have the six running for Red Rocks, cupcake? poke.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 22 2006, 09:30 PM) *

You gonna have the six running for Red Rocks, cupcake? poke.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.