Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The official WCC *thank you* Thread ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy

- a *BIG* thank you to Craig from Camp914 for taking the lead in organizing this years WCC! smilie_pokal.gif

- a thank you to everyone else who helped Craig with planning/scouting/organizing the event!

- thanks to *everyone* who attended! it wouldn't have been the same without any one of you ... driving.gif driving-girl.gif

- a "special" thanks to Joe Sharp from "Team Narp & Associates" for once again providing the "Neverland" amusement park and liquor store! drunk.gif

- thanks to the turtle family for supplying the tasteful fuel for the after dark gatherings! beer3.gif

- thanks to the cop who let us go without a ticket! busted_cop.gif

- thanks to Bayer for my medication!

- and last but not least, thanks to McMark for driving my sorry ass all the way up there and back! 1500 miles roundtrip ... wacko.gif

i'm sure i forgot to thank a few of you, so feel free to rub it in. biggrin.gif

i think i can speak for everyone when i say that i had a great time in Portland!
piratenanner.gif Andy
Bleyseng
yep, ditto!

thanks Craig, Jim, JP, Bruce, Gary etc..... KMA.gif
Heeltoe914
Great fun, great people and a whole lot of good times. Thanks Craig for the hard work. My son and I traveled a totol of 2477 miles and loved ever moment.
Allan
agree.gif

Thanks guys, for keeping the 914 love alive...............................

My feet smell like Aaron?
MoveQik
EVERYTHING he said!!! beerchug.gif
McMark
Thanks to the sponsors. Maybe Craig can pop in here and add a complete list of who helped make it happen.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 10 2006, 06:39 PM) *

Thanks to the sponsors.

headbang.gif

see, i *knew* i forgot someone ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
Air_Cooled_Nut
agree.gif to all above smile.gif I like these kinds of events.
mstein95
agree.gif
Thanks, dankesheon, gracias to all mentioned. Wife and I had a great time meeting everyone. Although Andy was quite intimidating (must be the boots) until we got the courage (aka "beer") to say "Hello".
drunk.gif
Glad you could make it Andy.
clap56.gif
boxstr
Thank you to everyone who took the time out of their busy lives to come up to the middle of nowhere and attend the 2006 West Coast Classic.
Special thanks to
Sunset Porsche,calenders and key fobs
GT Performance, RC car, and key fobs and pewter 914s
GTS Seats,seats to sit in and information
Meguairs,waxes and door prize goodie boxes
Tommy Bahama,Coffee mugs and goodie bags
CAMP 914, hats,Porsche badge stickers,trophies
Moronthrottle, Name tags,lanyards

Monarch Hotel for putting up with us and giving us a good dinner and lunches daily, meeting rooms and lodging for a few people who needed a place to crash.

Aaron Gilihan was in charge of the silent auction and he has the list of people who sent in the items for the auction.
He is on a 2 week vacation, which I feel like I would like to take, but instead I am heading out this weekend for a Goodguys car show in Puyallup.

Planning is already underway for the 2007 Pacific Northwest CAMP Classic, to be held during the Vintage Races at PIR in Portland. This event is to attract the Washington Oregon 914 contingent. Anyone can attend.
Nothing as big as WCC just a short weekend at the races.
CCLINITSOVER
dinomium
It was a giggle and a gas, baby!
Thanks to Joe for not socking me while I was teaching Lucky drunk yoga! biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Who is in charge of wcc 07?

I think that it would be amazing to go to yosemite... The road up is amazing...
ejm
agree.gif Thanks to Craig and all those who helped plan and sponsor WCC06

and many thanks to all those who found a seat in their 914 for Jen and I beerchug.gif
Bruce Allert
Thanks to everyone that made this happen by coming to Portland beerchug.gif I wanted to go to the previous ones but couldn't, and now the fantasy has come true. What also came true for me was to be with a large group of car lovers zoomin' down the highway. Being able to lead 50+ 914 down the freeway into PIR like a parade was the most incredible feeling. One I will never forget.

The car I had throughout the WCC belongs to Barrett my Bro N law. I gave him the keys on Sunday to lead us to PIR. He asken me if we should go slow down the freeway! slap.gif I said Nope! drive it like you stole it and he did. Zip'n around cars in N outta traffic. The best part was watch'n all the teeners doin the same. A multitude of colors in n out zip'n here N there with people pointing at all the 914's just a fly'n.

clap56.gif This was the coolest and I thank you all clap56.gif

........b beer.gif
ConeDodger
Although I was actually more of a wedding crasher and not an official participant I want to say thank you to Jim Chambers for picking me up at the airport and driving me back to his house to pick up the "Submarine" aka Bumble Bee Racer.

Jim got what he asked for the car and I got a good deal. I am still tickled pink...

Another thanks goes out to Jeff Hines who met with me to discuss the engine. I couldn't think of questions then but I have a couple now...

Thanks to Mike Mueller for answering all of my silly bearing questions... I will be in touch.

The drive back was very long. The car actually gets about 20+ miles to the gallon so stopping every 100 miles was a bit of overkill but I appreciate Jim looking out for me. Better safe than empty...

I enjoyed my brief visit to the WCC and I will try to attend next year as a participant... You guys really looked like you were having fun..
ablose58
I want to thank everyone for a great time especially DAVE HUNT for helping out with my alternator issues, man I owe you big time!!!!! beer.gif I HAD A BALL driving.gif clap56.gif
pete-stevers
big hats off to all the organizers!!!!!!!! and a big thankyou to all the rest as well!!!
not bad for being "in the middle of......"
i can say we are already planning on being at the next one.....
vegas anyone????
914werke
agree.gif
Its all been said and more elequently than I could muster.
This was my 2nd, but im ALL IN thanks everyone beerchug.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Bring on WCC 07, VIVA LAS VEGAS!!
JRust
Damn it all I missed it! Sounds like you all had a great time. Way to go setting it up Craig! Sounds like some of the old crew were there. Sorry I missed it. I've been out of the loop far to long. I'll try to get on here more so I know whats going on. Would of love to haved crashed the party. I've been 914less going on 3 years now. SUCKS!!! Maybe I can get myself back in the game soon! See ya guys -Jamie the old pizza guy
Eric Taylor
Thanks to everyone, I really enjoyed myself. The event was extremly well organized and gave me an experience that both my father and I will remember for a long time to come.

Eric
GTeener
Thanks Oregonians beerchug.gif Had a great time. Blew a tire on the trailer coming home dry.gif a bit too exciting, but we made it back in one piece and I have a ton of pix to share. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
GTeener
thumb3d.gif
GTeener
driving-girl.gif driving.gif
GTeener
thumb3d.gif
GTeener
driving.gif driving-girl.gif
GTeener
popcorn[1].gif
GTeener
popcorn[1].gif
GTeener
popcorn[1].gif
GTeener
biggrin.gif
lotus_65
looks great!

how did the silent auction go?
Bruce Allert
Great pics Gwen clap56.gif I was hoping someone got some of the paddock at PIR and your mountain shots are cool 'specially the one of me & Pamela at the group shot moving the cars with tele-kinesis! biggrin.gif

....b
DNHunt
Thanks all you PDX guys. It's always fun down there.

Dave
jim_hoyland
Arrived home Monday afteroon and it all kinda hit me; this was an excoting, fun, and interesting WCC.

Thanks Dave Hunt, Mile Wills, and Thomas for the rides--I'll have my car ready for 2007.

Thanks for all those people who regularly post and I got to meet like Grasshopper, Bleysang, and others.

And thanks Craig Laughling and Aaron for making it all happen. I had a very enjoyable and memorable time.

And for those who are still lost, TURN LEFT HERE

Jim Hoyland
Bleyseng
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 10 2006, 10:54 PM) *

Damn it all I missed it! Sounds like you all had a great time. Way to go setting it up Craig! Sounds like some of the old crew were there. Sorry I missed it. I've been out of the loop far to long. I'll try to get on here more so I know whats going on. Would of love to haved crashed the party. I've been 914less going on 3 years now. SUCKS!!! Maybe I can get myself back in the game soon! See ya guys -Jamie the old pizza guy

Jamie!!! I was looking for you hoping you would show up for a beer. Bruce's bro's car is for sale so snap it up as its a good runner. something you never had, haha

JimH, nice to meet you too finally. Its great to meet all the people in person and swap stories over a beer or two.
Coy
What a great time!

I want to thank Craig and Aaron and Jim for making it all happen. But I just can't get over Sir Andy and McMark for jumping in and helping put my spare tire on. This picture looks like I'm doing something, but those two did almost everything and we had never met. What a great bunch of folks! I've hung out with all kinds of Motorcycle and car people for years, but this is just the nicest group I've ever been around.
Thanks so much!
GTeener
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jul 11 2006, 06:25 AM) *

Great pics Gwen clap56.gif I was hoping someone got some of the paddock at PIR and your mountain shots are cool 'specially the one of me & Pamela at the group shot moving the cars with tele-kinesis! biggrin.gif

....b

Thanks. I have more pix, but I ran out of steam last night making them web-ready blink.gif

I have 180 screwy.gif I'll post them on Kodak Gallery later. Stay tuned...

My folks had such a great time that my dad is now calling himself a born-again 914 fan! He even put a deposit down on Leemon's conourse-condition original, one-owner 1.7 laugh.gif So we're about to become a 2 Teener family driving-girl.gif driving.gif

This un-club is such a wonderful community...Thanks ya'll:clap:
Porsche Rescue
Gwen, your dad and I talked a bit about that 1.7. Please share a pic of it when possible.
Joe Bob
Whose ride is this? Any more pics?

Porsche Rescue
I believe that is Vegas Racer's Elvira.
SLITS
Well Dufus, it looks like Elvira...as in John Peterson...Las Vegas

Duh!
Mike D.
I'd like to thank the Producers, Mel Brooks, My Agent, all the beautiful people, The Hollywood Forgien Press and...wait, that's the wrong list..

Really, All the folks already listed who helped and everyone who attended I had a great time and got a new P car too. Let's just call it the wifes Porsche. smile.gif

Here's a pic of the car that Gteeners Dad is getting...
Great Car, BTW
GTeener
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jul 11 2006, 11:22 AM) *

Gwen, your dad and I talked a bit about that 1.7. Please share a pic of it when possible.

Jim and Mike D., I'm holding you most responsible for this purchase of his wink.gif Jim, you told him it was a steal. Hope you're right happy11.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...ename=index.php
GTeener
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jul 11 2006, 11:32 AM) *

I believe that is Vegas Racer's Elvira.

Yup, it is Mr Peterson's car.
bernbomb914
The boys and I had a great time meeting all the great pacific northwest folks. and the SF bunch again. enjoyed the trip up the OR.coast on the way

Thanks to all that put this together

Bernie
Jenny
seems to be a trend at WCC to buy or sell cars. We should do musical cars. Everyone arrives at the next WCC with a 914, and leaves with a different one. The following year, we swap again. That's a cheaper way to keep your car new and exciting!! biggrin.gif

Jen
grasshopper
Wow, what a great event! It would really be impossible to thank everyone who helped make it a great event, so everyone listed and just everyone else that showed up, THANK YOU! I cant wait for WCC 07!!!!
grasshopper
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jul 11 2006, 11:14 AM) *

seems to be a trend at WCC to buy or sell cars. We should do musical cars. Everyone arrives at the next WCC with a 914, and leaves with a different one. The following year, we swap again. That's a cheaper way to keep your car new and exciting!! biggrin.gif

Jen

what happens when you get some rusty old POS?? biggrin.gif
McMark
You fix it. tongue.gif
cassidy_bolger
Thanks to everyone for such a fun weekend right in my backyard. I feel really lucky on the timing. Being a newbie - my wife and I didn't know who we were talking to half the time and they didn't know us. But the good part is it didn't matter! Nice folks, good clean fun (we missed the yoga lessons).

It was also great to meet all the other Oregon 14'ers. We should keep in touch for when one of us gets pinned under a car someday.

Finally, let's be sure to keep that great Oregon weather as our little secret - don't want people getting any ideas.

clap56.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Jul 11 2006, 12:52 PM) *

...let's be sure to keep that great Oregon weather as our little secret - don't want people getting any ideas.

clap56.gif

I had no idea OR got that fuch'n hot!

Can we please pick somewhere cooler for next year event. 75 degrees F. would be perfect smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.