Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recomended Repair Manual?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
elwood-914
What repair manual do you have? Any one better than the other?
echocanyons
Charles White at
derwhite@aol.com has factory repair manual reprints I dont think it gets much better than that.
You could also get the haynes manual.
Brett Johnson has a resto book with the info for concours resto and originality
drew365
Do you know how much the factory manual reprints cost?
echocanyons
Well I thought he had them I emailed him and he doesnt.

I am not sure where to get them.

Sorry
echocanyons
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._documt_pg1.htm

I dont know if they still have them but here is there ad.
drew365
Pelican has been out of stock on the manual's for about four months. I've had a set on back order for three months and I doubt I'll ever get it.
Gint
I paid $360 for my set last fall. I've heard rumors the last month or so that Porsche has discontinued production of the factory manual sets. I can't say for sure that it's true though.
tahoward
Definately get the Haynes. Its good and cheap with lots of pics. Then you at least know the basics of your problems. Next, come here and ask these guys how to fix it, they're awesome!
Mueller
Hey Ginter,

I heard rumors that the entire factory manual can be had on a CD (pdf format)......
Cost is dirt cheap (free or thereabouts).....send me your address and I'll see if I can find the link to get a copy to you....

I'm not making any promises, I'm not sure if this person is still doing this or not, give me a few days to find the web site.

mueller914@yahoo.com
L8Apex
Mike, you can send one to me too. hehe. Since I took a nice pic of your C2. biggrin.gif

Seto_Terrance@yahoo.com
drew365
I haven't heard of anyone with the 914 service manual on CD. I think you can get the 911's on CD, and the PET-5 parts manual that covers all models. I have the PET-5, it comes in handy once in a while.
scottb
oh man, could i have a copy on cd as well? then i can keep my lame newbie questions to a minimum!

thanks,

scott

sbramm@earthlink.net

and here is a link for another source for the complete shop manuals in print. don't know about availability. nayy

http://www.books4cars.com/3way/result1.asp...y=62&offset=100
Curvie Roadlover
I would be willing to send anyonewho has this disc (if it really exists, and I hope it does) a blank cd to burn to and return postage materials. Upon getting my own copy, I would be willing to make copies to whoever wants one. Just send me a blank disc and a self addressed return envelope with sufficient postage to send it back to you.
echocanyons
copies if the manuals on disc would be really nice.
If anyone has any leads on them email me too
Brad Roberts
I have touched the CD. It exists. I cant promise everybody copies.. but I know I will have one soon. The Portland people who showed up at JP's saw this CD.

Its all in Adobe PDF.

B
Curvie Roadlover
Brad, As I said in my post earlier, get one to me and I'll get copies to everybody that wants one.
Jeroen
I'd like the repair manuals on cd

I do have the 914-specific PET cd. It's got the same info as the PET 5 (except 914 only) but it's a little friendlier to use and doesn't need rediculous high screen resolution
You can also download the current partprices...

Cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
Yes please.
brant
Curvie,

Of course I would love to be added to the list of beggars....
I would pitch in cash.. for peoples time, shipping, what ever.

brant
drew365
What Brant said, ditto.
thesey914
I've seen this CD for sale loads of times on Ebay.DE (might be in German though )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3105370226
Gint
I've seen this CD for sale loads of times on Ebay.DE (might be in German though )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3105370226

It's probably in German... anybody know? Seen one first hand?
bernbomb914
If anybody is making a list PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE include me

Bernbomb914
elwood-914
Count me in!!
74GoKart
That much information would probably greatly increase the "while I'm in there" list, but I would love one also...please.
Rust Oleum
see this subject

My Webpage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.