Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buttonwillow, Fri, Aug 18 Track Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
Vezna31
Leadfoot Adventures has a track day at Buttonwillow Raceway on Friday August 18th. Reg is cheap at only $175 for the people who sign up early. This event will sell out though, so you might want to register pretty quick. Click here to sign-up.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/index.cfm

If you’ve never done a track day before and you’re curious about what it would be like to drive your S2000 on a real racetrack, this event is for you! Seasoned drivers are definitely welcome in the faster intermediate and advanced sessions, but the newest drivers will get special attention. Leadfoot Adventures has a great group of very experienced drivers who will be instructing the rookies both in classroom sessions and out on track. Check out the “Rookie Jump Start” page at Leadfootadventures.com for more info if you’re new to the scene.

For those of you who know Buttonwillow, we’ll be running the #13 track configuration, which includes both the “Lost Hill” and “Bus Stop” segments. In the counter-clockwise direction, the exit of the sweeper and entry into the Bus Stop is freakin’ awesome. Man I can hardly wait to get back out there!

In addition, Brad Roberts, an Admin for the 914club is going to try to attend and be an instructor for us, so we'd like to see a bunch of you guys out there having fun with us!! thumb3d.gif

See ya at the track!
Brad Roberts
OK. I need some "love" here biggrin.gif

We are looking for complete rookies or people with experience. Doesnt matter. This is going to be a VERY safe educational event. You will not be *pushed* in any way that might make you uncomfortable out on the track. The whole idea is to introduce people to the track enviroment in a casual relaxed setting. Maybe you are thinking about DE's and Time Trials at other tracks later in the year? Maybe you want to hone your skills at Buttonwillow. Everyone can learn something at these track days.

What say the masses?

Anyone ?

I havent decided on what I will take out there for this event.

B
Brad Roberts
OH.. doesnt matter if you bring a 914 out or not. I would like to semi impress these guy's since they are the "914Club's" ticket to track days biggrin.gif

B
Allan
What kind of helmet is required?

I have an M 2000 open face.

BTW, have you guys been to Buttonwillow in the middle of August before? happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
:wischfullthinking:
Brad Roberts
Your M2000 will work fine. It just needs to be a 2000 and up helmet.

B
Andyrew
Cant make a friday... sorry
byndbad914
saw that signups can go up to the Tues before - any idea when the fees change and to how much?

I am playing everything by ear, but if I have the car running by then I would probably be up for a track day to sort it out and make some noise, but I may not know until that Tues at best dry.gif
nebreitling
i'm out of town or else i'd be there sad.gif
drew365
We're going to Laguna Seca the following weekend, so I doubt I can make this. However, I do need to take my car to the track before Laguna, so if I don't get to a test friday at Willow I may do this one.
Brad Roberts
Thanks Andy!

This is exactly what I'm going to use the day for: Testing for POC Laguna!!

Too bad Nathan!! I really want to work with you at these track events.

Who else??

B
Vezna31
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Jul 18 2006, 05:16 PM) *

saw that signups can go up to the Tues before - any idea when the fees change and to how much?

I am playing everything by ear, but if I have the car running by then I would probably be up for a track day to sort it out and make some noise, but I may not know until that Tues at best dry.gif

The fees are supposed to go up to $195 on August 1, but I have a feeling that we will extend the $175 if we aren't close to filling so that we can draw more people.
Trekkor
I'll be at Reno-Fernley with CDS on the 19-20th.

KT
Brad Roberts
So?

Does any of the SF Bay area clubs run ANY points related events at Fernley?

NO need to answer. I know the answer. laugh.gif

B
Trekkor
I have family in Reno so it will be nice to make a week long vacation out of it.

I won't see BW 'til next year.

KT
Vezna31
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 18 2006, 11:19 PM) *

I have family in Reno so it will be nice to make a week long vacation out of it.

I won't see BW 'til next year.

KT

Maybe you can do Streets with us on Sept 29 or Oct 2. Registration will be opening in a few weeks for those.
Trekkor
I'd like to try to return south...Keep us posted.

KT
Vezna31
Hey Brad,

Any chance of having this thread nailed to the top to keep it visible? biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Jul 20 2006, 02:55 PM) *

Hey Brad,

Any chance of having this thread nailed to the top to keep it visible? biggrin.gif

I'm not Brad, but I play one on t.v.

You got it...
Brad Roberts
Thanks Gint!!

B
Vezna31
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 20 2006, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Jul 20 2006, 02:55 PM) *

Hey Brad,

I'm not Brad, but I play one on t.v.

You got it...

Thanks, man!!
Allan
So who's in so far?
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 21 2006, 09:32 AM) *

So who's in so far?

Not enough people yet. C'mon, guys!! clap56.gif
Trekkor
I'm bailing on Reno.
This may work for me.

:thinking:

KT
Vezna31
We're going to lottery off a free track day too. Actually, I think we may be offering 2 free track days. I have to talk to my partner, but I believe the way it will work is if you have credit for getting more people to sign up, then you will have more entries and a greater chance of winning.

And our future schedule is:

Fri, Sept 29 - Streets of Willow
Mon, Oct 2 - Streets of Willow (discount to people who do both trips, plus a bunch of us are going camping in between the 2 days)
Sun, Dec 10 - Thunderhill
Sun, Dec 17 - Buttonwillow
Joe Ricard
Take lots of pictures and post them in the Paddock
Brad Roberts
OK. I'm signed up.

This will be FUN.

We need more 914 people however!!

B
Brad Roberts
I'm fighting some kickback from people about the direction. Most of the accredited racing orgs run it clockwise with or without Star Mazda.

B
Allan
My company will probably pay the entry fee.

To whom and to where do they send a check?
race914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 28 2006, 11:42 AM) *

I'm fighting some kickback from people about the direction. Most of the accredited racing orgs run it clockwise with or without Star Mazda.

B

Hi Brad,

Both PCA-GGR and Hank Watt's PCA Coastal Driving org do not run exclusively Clockwise. Last Coastal Driving event ran CW one day and CCW the next.

Different challenges running CCW. The group will enjoy it.

Greg
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 30 2006, 10:01 AM) *

My company will probably pay the entry fee.

To whom and to where do they send a check?

Make the check out to Leadfoot Adventures for $175 and mail it to:

1753 Sierra Verde Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91913

Glad to have you. See you at the track!
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif Company stepped up...

Payment going out today...

burnout.gif driving.gif
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 31 2006, 10:32 AM) *

burnout.gif driving.gif

Awesome...I'll look for the check. Don't forget to go to the reg site and add yourself officially. When the check arrives, I'll go in and manually change your status to paid.
Allan
icon_bump.gif

How many so far?????? dry.gif
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 1 2006, 01:55 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

How many so far?????? dry.gif

WOO-HOO...17 drunk.gif

Only 30 more to break even dry.gif
Allan
C'mon people, step up.... Normally the Buttonwillow drivers ed. is like $225.00.

I know you 914 guys are CSOB's but this is a killer deal...

Fine, no pudding for you because you didn't eat your meat...
Vezna31
The Willows Inn is giving us a group discount of $46/night.
Vezna31
The early-bird pricing has been extended 1 week, so if you're on the fence you have until Sunday August 6th to save your spot on the grid for only $175. If you're new to the track we'll provide you with an instructor at no extra charge.

As promised, we've secured a discount rate at the Willow Inn for both Thursday and Friday nights. Whether you stay one or both nights, tell them Leadfoot Adventures sent ya and the rate will be $46.95+tax. smile.gif Check in is after 2pm. The gal said the normal rate is $54.95 on Thursday and $59.95 on Friday, so that's not a bad price break. We'll be getting together at the Willow Ranch restaurant on Thursday evening to get something to eat, hang out, and knock back a few.
nine14cats
Are we allowed passengers at this event?

I'm a thinking about it....I love Buttonwillow in the reverse direction!

Bill P.
Vezna31
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Aug 2 2006, 04:26 PM) *

Are we allowed passengers at this event?

I'm a thinking about it....I love Buttonwillow in the reverse direction!

Bill P.

Yes, for Intermediate and Advanced drivers. Novices will have an instructor with them until the instructor feels he doesn't need to ride with them anymore.
nine14cats
What is the projected number of rungroups?

3 or 4?

I may have a second driver to my car, I would prefer not having to run the car back to back.

Thanks,

Bill P.
race914
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Aug 2 2006, 10:58 AM) *

The early-bird pricing has been extended 1 week, so if you're on the fence you have until Sunday August 6th to save your spot on the grid for only $175. If you're new to the track we'll provide you with an instructor at no extra charge.

As promised, we've secured a discount rate at the Willow Inn for both Thursday and Friday nights. Whether you stay one or both nights, tell them Leadfoot Adventures sent ya and the rate will be $46.95+tax. smile.gif Check in is after 2pm. The gal said the normal rate is $54.95 on Thursday and $59.95 on Friday, so that's not a bad price break. We'll be getting together at the Willow Ranch restaurant on Thursday evening to get something to eat, hang out, and knock back a few.

Ok, Twist my arm... what time is the group meeting at Willow Ranch on Thursday? beerchug.gif

BTW, I signed up over the weekend! Gotta test my new oil cooler, and Buttonwillow in August is a great test ground for that!
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 31 2006, 10:32 AM) *

burnout.gif driving.gif

Allan, I received your check today clap56.gif
Vezna31
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 2 2006, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Aug 2 2006, 10:58 AM) *

Ok, Twist my arm... what time is the group meeting at Willow Ranch on Thursday? beerchug.gif

BTW, I signed up over the weekend! Gotta test my new oil cooler, and Buttonwillow in August is a great test ground for that!

Not sure yet. I haven't figured out what time I'm leaving or anything yet. Probably leave by noon and be there before 4.
Vezna31
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Aug 2 2006, 06:01 PM) *

What is the projected number of rungroups?

3 or 4?

I may have a second driver to my car, I would prefer not having to run the car back to back.

Thanks,

Bill P.

It'll depend on what the total signups will be. At this point, I will say 3. If people go crazy and fill it in the next 2 weeks, it will change to 4.

If we go with only 3 run groups, it may work out to more sessions on the track, so you could probably get away with skipping one to let the car rest.
Allan
[/quote]

[/quote]

boldblue.gif I'm in!!!!!
Vezna31
[quote name='Headrage' date='Aug 3 2006, 08:36 AM' post='744514']
[/quote]

[/quote]

boldblue.gif I'm in!!!!!
[/quote]

Allan, which run group do you want to be in?
Allan
Ya got me?

What are my options?
Vezna31
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 4 2006, 09:30 AM) *

Ya got me?

What are my options?

Novice - less than 5 track events
Intermediate - decent amount of track events
Advanced - Track whore
Allan
Being that almost all of my track time is on a bike I would say put me in the novice group... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.