Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ride height comments
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
I know you have to measure and all that but how does she look to you guys. Just installed coil-overs in the back, only have about .5" left on the collar to lower more. Maybe I needed the 8" springs instead of the 10".

Anyway, the rake looks good to me, maybe just a bit lower. My race tires are .8" smaller in dia than the ones on the car now.
seanery
back looks good front is too high.
thesey914
I reckon that "looks" ok, only trouble with lowering the front more is the tyres rubbing the arches during full lock
( Very sweet car BTW )
Neal
Back is great, front is too high
machina
thanks for the comments guys, I thought the front is a bit too high as well but was worried about too much rake.

It has about .5" now.

Is more the .5" OK?

dr
redshift
I rake them alot more than that.

M
seanery
I think a 914 can only benefit from lowering the front end. As long as it's done correctly. Did you use bump steer kit or rack spacers?
Bump steer can be annoying without. I also think our cars brake better with the front down a bit. More weight where it's needed.
echocanyons
IMHO this rake is perfect!

Lower the front even if it means smaller diameter tires.

I think you have done a very nice job with your car
ChrisReale
i think it looks good. I had issues with my rear being too low, which caused some over steer. I raised it up a bit and now its pretty even. I also have about .5" to the bottom of the threaded collar.
rhodyguy
it looks great!!! gotta love those silver cars. i suppose the final answer might be a corner bal. are you happy with the ride/ handling? i too run mine without the rear val. a good looking exhaust makes an interesting statement. how about a rear shot?

kevin
machina
Will be aligned and scaled before sebring next weekend. Here are some rear angles too.

BTW,
If you thought our cars are old, the house was built in 1929.

dr
URY914
David,
Great colors on the house-very South Florida.

Car's great too.

Paul
thesey914
synthesisdv, What motor do you have in your car? I checked your site and guess its a four of somekind?
Very nice workshop -looks like an aircraft hanger -and really nice workmanship on the cage and car.
machina
the motor is a bone stock 1.7 (except for headers) with 100,000 miles on it. Next project is proper race motor.

Shop is in stuart florida.

dr
anthony
I like it. I think these cars look great with the rockers level to the ground.
Aaron Cox
what size are your rear rims, and what size tires did you stuff under there?
machina
In the picture the car is wearing 15x6 with 20/55

Track wheels are 15x7 fuchs with 205/50, these just clear at the rear.

dr
redshift
Guys, I never want to take all this for granted.

It's nice to wake up, and be able to look at all your nice cars from the comfort of my underwear.

smile.gif

M
Joe Bob
Looks OK....maybe a little tall in the front....how does it weigh out on the scales?
machina
Balance was pretty good last time. Have to re-scale it now that the springs and height were changed.

The weights shown are with me in the car. Subtract about 180lbs to calc weight of car empty.

I did lower the front about .5" this morning. Looks great with the extra rake and will probably handle even better.

dr
machina
Now the front is trimmed down. Rake is good and the extra camber helps too.

Now just for an alignment.

thanks,
dr
seanery
looks really nice!!!
machina
btw,

rack does have spacers. going to keep angle of A-arms slightly down like brad says so that when the wheel is loaded up, geometry is correct. Should limit bump steer.

I don't think you can go any lower without raising the spindles.

dr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.