Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The latest toys.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
I just purchased a couple of toys that will have to be stored until next spring before being enjoyed. They are:

IPB Image

and

IPB Image

These aren't actual pictures of my toys but they look identical to the ones I have. Has anyone heard anything good/bad or had any experiences with either of these items?

As for the limited Porsche content I understand that Porsche did some engine design work on the VROD. I actually saw a show bike that had a Porsche cloissone crest imbedded in the cylinder jugs. Very cool. For a while I even thought they all came like that but since then have not seen another one with the crests. Anyone know if that was an option?

P.S. I just noticed that the Vrod in the picture is the anodized version. Mine is the black and silver anniversary model. Still looks very sharp.
p914
I want a Vrod and I want it now!! mad.gif

I followed the development of that bike and saw one about 2 months ago parked where I could look closely at it. Beautiful machine!
Malmz
I rented a V-Rod the weekend before last. Put about 100 miles on it (a tank of gas... tiny tank) from LAX to Dana Point and back the next day.

Nice bike, rode well, smooth, quite stock (rentals are stock). The gas tank is in the lower frame, not where the fake gas tank is in the traditional location. The bike sure wouldn't hurt from a larger tank.

The bike got a ton of thumbs up and "nice bike" comments from the yuppie bikers. The real bikers don't consider it a "real Harley". Oh well, who cares, I liked it.

Your legs will be well extended forward. Takes a little getting used to, but not bad at all once you are. I'm six foot and it was a stretch.

The back seat sucks. Wifes ass went numb after about 5 miles. She was totally miserable on the ride home the next day. Definitely a "no passenger" bike unless you are going on a very short ride. I assured her she looked good though with the low-rider jeans and G on... w00t.gif

You'll have a hell of a time on the Gixer too. Great bikes.

sm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.