Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting the Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
I'm definitely going to take the 914 down to TJ for it's paint job. See how they did on the 911!

Photo's of the 911

James
reverie
Time to update your sig..

Tijuana taxi?.. wink.gif
biosurfer1
wow, looks great...got some questions.
first, i know you said they did a bunch of work for 1200, but how much did they want for the paint job alone?

what is the name of the shop you took it to?

how long did they need the car?

any worries about your car getting stolen? seems that already being in Mexico, if it was stolen, you'd be SOL.

looks great again by the way, post some more pics if you got them.
Red-Beard
$700 for the Labor to Paint. I paid an extra $100 to have the windows removed before painting.

Materials were $359 for 1 gallon paint and clear coat. There was paint left over and I already had paint loaded into spray cans and touch up bottles for easy touch up.

I didn't worry about it being stolen. They are more interested in SUVs than sport cars down there.

I used Los Panchos, as suggested by John Rogers.

They took 1 week to do all of the work.

James
URY914
Just for comparison sake. I bought a gallon of paint, quart of reducer and pint of hardener for $75.00 on thursday to shoot my car. Told the guy I wanted the cheap stuff. It was still a DuPont product just a "less costly product line".

Black is the toughest color to shoot-shows everything.
Looks good, have fun.

Paul
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif Looks Great!

Don't wash it!

wink.gif

M
campbellcj
Wow, that does look pretty sweet!

Having done the "effing expensive paint job" thing twice in recent years...I think I am done with that. Good to see there are other affordable options besides painting in my garage, which ain't likely to happen in this particular neighborhood and garage...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.